44 Days Post Surgery. Should I Have the Same Surgeon Correct my Uneven Nostrils or Get a New Surgeon?

My right nostril is elongated and makes my nose appear larger on the right side. My surgeon says the unevenness is due to weak septal cartilage and he proposed to take ear cartilage, add it to the right nostril and raise the tip to make it higher and fix the unevenness. My gut instinct tells me to have a second opinion and any corrections done with a U.S. surgeon. I feel that if he could do this correctly he would have done so the first time. I would really appreciate any input.

May be time for a second opinion

+1

Six weeks after surgery is still too early to consider or perform a revision.  If you are unsure about your surgeon then by all means a second opinion is needed.  

When to revise uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty.

+1
6 weeks is way to soon to even consider a revision surgery IMO. You must let it heal in for a few months then re asses it. As far as choice of surgeon, I always recommend letting your original surgeon try and make things right. He or she is most invested in making you happy with your nose. If you don't have the trust any longer in their abilities, then it is worthwhile getting SEVERAL second opinions.
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It would probably be helpful to take a look at your pre-operative photographs and the notes from surgery. It is difficult to say what has been done so far and what revision rhinoplasty could accomplish. Your surgeon has more idea of your anatomy than anybody else, but you certainly should get a second opinion if you feel uncomfortable with him performing the revision. I would not advise having a revision on the tip of your nose until at least 9 months, preferably one year. Nostril asymmetry can improve over the course of that time. Good luck!

+1

44 days is too early to perform a revision, and it is too early to know exactly what would produce the best result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php