Is 435cc of Fat to Each Butt Cheek Enough to See a Difference?

I am 29 yrs. old, I stand 5'3, and i weigh 135lbs. I had a bbl 4 days ago. I was told by my doctor that I could take a shower, and that is when I first saw my body after the procedure. I love what I see as far as my contour, but im worried that my butt will still appear to be flat. I dont see any difference as far as protrusion from the side view, but it does look wider and fuller from the rear view. 435cc was added to each side and I wonder if I didn't have enough fat to have a bbl fr the start

Brazilian butt lift and fat transfer

+2

Excellent question.  This is why I always reinforce to my patients that the Brazilian butt lift is not only about increasing the projection of your buttock but also the shape. The best results are not necessarily the bigger results. Anybody can make a butt look bigger on the side view but not everybody can make your contour look curvy and proportionate.

Your butt will shrink about 20% in the best hands so you can anticipate that your butt will be smaller than what it is now. Although 435 cc appears to be a lot of fat, according to my experience, it is not enough to sculpt not only the central portion of the buttocks but also the sides. I typically inject from 650 cc – 850 cc.

You certainly had fat for the procedure. The question is if you have enough fat to accomplish your goals. From what I can infer from your question, you did not have enough fat for the results that you expected. Everybody is different.

Brazilian Buttock lift

+2

Transfer of 400 cc of purified fat to each buttock should make a siginifican difference in projection of the buttock if it was injected into the right place.

Each patient a diferent world

+1

the amount of fat a surgeon can inject depend on the size of the patient's butt and the fat available. but i insist the most common cause of insatisfied patients is a misinformed patient with over realistic expectations

Ramon Sabala, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

To put 435cc of quality fat in each Cheek is a substantial sum, relative to your preexisting size.  The smaller you are, the bigger that figure is.  The more loose skin there is, the smaller that 435cc figure is.  Having enough fat is the key to a good result.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Is 435cc of Fat to Each Butt Cheek Enough ?

+1

Brazilian Butt Lifting (BBL), or fat grafting to the buttocks, should NOT be an "all you can squeeze in" procedure. Instead, it should be a combination of Back Scoop Liposuction (removing excess fat of the lower back / hips to accentuate the origins of the buttock cheeks) AND augmentation and accentuation of the round domes of each cheek. 

The transfer of 435cc of LIVE concentrated (ie centrifuged) fat into each cheek would depend on the size of your present cheeks, the skill of the surgeon and how much of the fat survives the transfer ( which depends on how the fat was removed, how much pressure was placed on it at the end of the procedure by all the fat and how compliant you were with presenting compression/decompression and shear forces to the grafted areas). In general, in small-medium sized women you SHOULD see a difference.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Is 435cc of fat enough for the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi SexyLibra
Everyone having the Brazilian Butt Lift is built differently and has a different volume of fat to work with.  You definitely had enough fat to have the procedure done.....because you did. 435cc is a reasonable volume.  That's about the same volume of a relatively large buttocks implant.    The question is, was this enough to give you the results that you were hoping for.  And, a second question is, how much of this fat volume will you retain. If your goal was to enhance your figure as much as possible, then you did the right thing.  Just taking the fat off your waistline will improve your figure.  This fat can either be thrown away or it can be used to further enhance your shape by filling out your buttocks....even if just a little.  I think it's always worth it. The most important thing to do is to be sure you follow all of your doctors recommendations to be sure you get the best result possible.  

Daniel P. Markmann, MD