435cc or 380cc Breast Implants for Deflated D Cups?

My Breast Augmentation surgery is due next week and I've been told I need low profile, 435cc or 380cc implants. I think I'm going for the bigger ones. I am now worried that they won't be big enough?

I am currently a size 10 top bra size 32 D cup but a deflated D cup. I am 5'9" and quite athletic/slim. I would like to enhance them a little more and make them look more youthful as I am 37 so I don't want fake looking boobies. Thanks for your help guys.

Choosing the right breast implant

+1

It is late for you to be worrying about this and this is something for you to work out with your doctor.  Plus, as a D cup you might need lifting and not just an implant since no implant will significantly lift a droopy breast.   

Unsure of size one week before breast augmentation

+1

Hi Paulalincs.

I am most concerned that your surgery is in one week, it probably already took place, and you are asking us about the size. We can only give you non-specific guidance without examining you. You should go back to your surgeon and keep discussing the size, trying on sizes, etc. until you are confident you and your surgeon are selecting the right size. You say that you are slim with an athletic build.

I usually do not use low profile implants in this type of situation because the implant is usually too wide for the patient's frame. However, this type of assessment can be done only in person. Finally, if you are a D cup, maybe you just need a lift with a repositioning of breast tissue. A D cup is a very generous size. Hope this helps and that you have a successful procedure.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Breast implant choice

+1

It is difficult to give you a good idea what to choose without examining you and going over the options. If you have tried on implants in this region or have done the "baggy test" with water or rice and are happy with the look at the propose volume, then trust the doctor to choose the right implant for you.

It is the plastic surgeon's job, not yours, to find right size for breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

Since these are the most common questions, I wrote two articles for RealSelf.  One gives tips on choosing a plastic surgeon, and the other is about picking breast implants.  You can look at them on my profile.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Choosing your breast implant size can be a difficult task

+1

It seems a bit unfair to ask you to choose between a 380cc or a 435cc low profile implant for breast augmentation. The surgeon ultimately must make the decision based on what he has come to understand is the result you are expecting, and base the size and type of implant on your particular breast shape and your goals. It makes no sense to rely on your own instincts to select the implant unless you are willing to accept the consequence of your selection. I suggest another visit to your surgeon, or perhaps another opinion to help be sure that the goal of the augmentation and expected result are clearly understood. As I have said many times, if the end result is great, the implant size is only a number.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast implant size

+1

It is not necessarily likely that inflation of a deflated D cup will look more youthful. It may be that you are better served by a breast lift with a smaller implant to achieve a fuller "perkier" breast.

You may want to contact your surgeon or his staff to set up another sizing appointment so that you are more confident with your implant choice.