I Will Be 44 in 9 Months. I Have a Ten Year Old and Want Another Child? Am I Too Old?

What are the risks of having a child at age 44? Am I just crazy? I am in great health. I feel i will regret it later on in life. I have been feeling this way for almost 4 months. I had a mommy makeover and I am satisfied with the resuls and not afraid to repeat a makeover if necessary.

Pregnancy after mommy makeover

+1

Although advanced maternal age (over 35) have higher risks, many women over 40 have uneventful pregnancy. Your pregnancy risks should be discussed with your Ob.  As you may know, pregnancy will undo the work that was done at the time of mommy makeover.    You may need revision tummy tuck afterwards.  Best wishes to you.

Risk of Childbirth after Mommy Makeover

+1

Thank you for your question.   In regards to your skin and soft tissue changes after mommy makeover, pregnancy will cause the tissues to lose elasticity.   In addition, as we age, the skin tends to lose more elasticity.  

I would prepare for significant change to the breast and abdomen compared to previous pregnancies.   These can be safely addressed 3 to 6 months after delivery or completion of breast feeding.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Children after mommy maker over

+1

The risks of having children at your age would be best addressed by your OB/GYN.  If you do carry another pregnancy to term, you may need additional surgery to correct the skin laxity and or breast droopiness if it occurs.  Secondary tummy tucks or breast lifts can be done, but does add some risk, especially to redoing the mastopexy (breast lift).

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy at Age 44 And Previous Mommy Makeover?

+1

You will be much better off asking the same question of a well experienced OB/GYN physician. He/she will be able to delineate the risks associated with pregnancy at your age. Personally speaking, I do not think that you are necessarily “crazy”... ( my wife just delivered at the age of 43).

As you mentioned, revisionary surgery ( for the previous mommy makeover operation)  may be necessary  after pregnancy;  however, I would agree that this should not be a major factor in your decision making.