I've Had 3 Nose Surgeries and my Nose Keeps Getting Wider and Its Keeps Losing Its Shape

I'm a man. I've had 3 nose surgeries, at age 18, 21 and 22. I'm 35 now and my nose looks like its losing its shape and its getting wider especially right above the tip. Its seems like its becoming more flat and spreading outwards. It was nice and carved out after the last surgery and now its seem like its kind of like spilling over on the sides, its really strange, these day people keep telling me I look I have a boxers nose, yet I haven't been hit in those at all since my last 2 surgeries.

Loss of Shape after 3 Rhinoplasties

+1

Unfortunately, over the years I've seen many examples of patients whose noses have collapsed because they lost nasal support after multiple rhinoplasties  when the underlying structures have been removed in an attempt to decrease the size of the nose.I know it sounds like an oxymoron but usually it is necessary to augment the nose to decrease the size  and improve definition. Make sure you see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Boxer's nose

+1

Frequent rhinoplasty procedures can produce collapse of the nasal skeleton, especially if one or more of the procedures was aggressively done.  The collapse of the portion above the nasal tip can be due to an aggressive septoplasty with not enough cartilage left behind to give support to the nose.  This results in a saddle nose deformity, which can be a challenge to correct.  It typically involves reconstruction of nasal support by way of a bone or rib cartilage graft.  I think it is vital to have an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive revisional rhinoplasty experience prior to tailoring a final surgical plan.

Andre Panossian, MD, FACS
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, you'd need to send pictures, of your nose, or been seen in consultation to evaluate your nose.  Scar tissue formation is most common in the supratip area, after any Rhinoplasty.

Nose spreading

+1

It sounds like you are developing a saddle nose deformity. This may be occurring due to loss of internal support  over time from previous surgeries. you need to consult with a surgeon with rconstructive rhinoplasty experience.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon