Im 43. My Cheeks Sag but I Need No Volume. I Have a Round Full Face. Whats Best Non Invasive Treatment to Lift Them Up.

Im 43. My Cheeks Sag but I Need No Volume. I Have a Round Full Face.  Whats Best Non Invasive Treatment to Lift Them Up.

Non Invasive Treatment of Sagging Cheeks

+1

The only non invasive technique to lift sagging cheeks is the injection of fat or fillers, However, this would not  be done on you because you say that you don't need any volume. The best way to treat you would be with a cheek lift or the placement of cheek implants, but both of these techniques are obviously invasive.

Lifting "sagging" Cheeks

+1

Without pictures or direct examination is not possible to give you precise advice.

Generally, it would be in your best interest to be at a long-term stable weight ( If you are not there already) before any intervention is considered. Also generally speaking “noninvasive” treatments do not significantly lift the cheeks. At some point facial rejuvenation surgery may be considered. I would suggest in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Noninvasive way to lift the cheeks?

+1

There are no noninvasive ways to lift the cheeks without adding volume. The reason the cheeks sag is from loss of fill or stretch of the skin. Your choices are either fill what has been lost or the areas from where the tissues descended or remove the extra skin and replace the fat where it belongs. My choice for filler is either Radiesse or Juvéderm in this area. Without pictures or an exam it is impossible to give any more advice.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

+1

Without photos, of your face, I have to believe that you're correct that your cheeks are properly shaped and that you don't need any volume but rather lifting of sagging tissues (skin, fat and SMAS muscle layer).  In that case, there are zero non-invasive procedures that will reliably and significantly lift and this is key...remove the excess sagging tissues.  This will require at the very least a minimal incision face lift.  Anything less, IMHO is wishful thinking and a waste of your time and money.  

Non-invasive lift for face

+1

I recommend using Sculptra to help fill areas on the face. My preferred method for a non-invasive facelift is using fat.  However, it does require the fat being harvested from one place on your body (it can be removed under local anesthetic) and then reinjected into your face.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Fillers work well for volume in the cheeks

+1

I agree, fillers would be a good idea here. If you need a lot of fillers to reach the desired look you may want to go with Fat Transfer. Over a long period of time fillers can be costly. The initial cost for Fat Transfer is more but over several years it is a much better way to go. And you only have to come in for the one procedure. Fat Transfer is a little more invasive but not nearly as invasive as cheek implants.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best non-invasive lift for face

+1

Deeper stimulatory fillers such as Sculptra or Radiesse, when strategically injected high along the cheekbones and lateral face, will create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. Sculptra or Radiesse is not injected directly into the wrinkle lines and folds, but rather into other areas of the face to treat the subtle volume loss that leads to their appearance. This leads to the natural-looking results that are so often desired. Patients don’t want to look “done” but also don’t want to look “tired”. Seemingly small changes in shape, proportions, balance, and symmetry can have a surprisingly large effect on our perception of the aging face.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon