Are Breast Implants Recommended if I'm Taking Medication for Thyroid Removal?

I am 4"8 and i weigh 98 lbs and i am slim. But the only health proublems i have is that i take meds for my thyroid cause my thyroid was remove with radiation 4 years ago. Would there be any proublems with that if i decide to have implants

I Am 43 and when I Was Younger I Use to Be at Breast Size of 34c and Im Down to a 32a. What Are the Risks and What Would Be Best?

Thyroid Disease and Breast Augmentation

+1

Thyroid replacement medication would not exclude you from having a breast augmentation.  As long as your thyroid levels are normal and being monitored by your endocrinologist or primary care physician you should be able to proceed.

Best Wishes

Dr. ES

Breast Implants OK with treated thyroid conditions

+1

As long as you are well managed by your PMD/Internest/or Endocrinologist and your thyroid blood tests indicates that you are in good control, then you should to well and have pretty much the same risks as any other patient of your general health.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Thyroid Medication Should Not Interfere With Augmentation

+1

Assuming that you taking the proper dose of thyroid replacement, your risks of an augmentation should not be increased.  There are always certain risks which should be discussed with you at the time of your plastic surgery consultation.

John Whitt, MD

Breast Augmentation and Thyroid Issues

+1

In my practice I would recommend that you get medical clearance from your treating physician(s) stating that you're cleared to have surgery. I don't see why it would be an issue if your doctor is fine with it.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Breast Augmentation and thyroid medication. Answer fron New Jersey

+1

In my practice in Morristown New Jersey I see patients every day who are thyroid replacement medication. As long as you are treated by a good endocrinologist or internist and your condition is stable, there is no problem with any plastic surgery procedure including breast implants.The risks of breast augmentation would be the same for you as for people who are not on thyroid hormones, as long as you are under good mediacal care and the breast augmentation is performed by a board certified plastic surgeon. You will also need a medical clearance by you internist or endocrinologist before your surgery.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Augmentation after Thyroid Removal?

+1

Assuming your thyroid hormones are well controlled ( with levels checked),  then undergoing breast augmentation surgery should not be a problem. To be sure, confirm with your endocrinologist/internist who can communicate with your plastic surgeon.

Once you have done so, I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.