Age 43, 5'2", 125lb. Can I Move Up From 300cc Saline to 600cc Silicone?

I Am 43, 5'2" 125lbs 2 Kids Breastfed Previous BA 11 Yr Ago Saline 300cc Now Want600silicone? would like full D but want to look "natural not porn star"considering high profile due to narrow frame and limited breast tissue was A before first BA will this be ok for me?

Breast implant size?

+2

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

600 cc implants

+2

Going from 300 cc's and doubling the volume will be a big jump and more than likely would not look too natural in a small person.

600cc in a petite frame is rarely "natural"

+2

At 5'2" and 125lbs, 600cc implants are very large implants regardless of high profile or moderate profile. Although it is obviously possible to place implants of this size, you need to be informed that this size implant is likely to lead to more difficult problems later in life including breast sagginess, tissue thinning, and implant malposition. What I find is that many women misinterpret implant size for improved breast shape. Often, what is needed is a breast lift and tailoring of the skin rather than filling out redundant skin with a larger implant. I recommend consulting with at least two or three board certified plastic surgeons to get their opinions on what would work best for you body type and breast anatomy. Bigger is not always better, even if it is the "easiest" solution (for the surgeon).

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

^00 cc implants

+2

After reading your size and weight I think 600 cc implants may give you the look of a porn star.those are big.Also the question is ,is there enough skin to close the wound and if you are a smoker that complicates the picture even more.I might back down on the size and let the surgeon decide what size is best for you knowing you want to be a D cup and full.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Moving On UP! Increasing Size of Breast Implants

+2

it sounds like you are petite woman.  This amount of size increase may long term be detrimental.  The heaviness of the larger sized implants may stretch and thin your skin.  Pictures would be helpful.  More helpful to you would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to examine you and determine if a size increase of that magnitude would be reasonable for you.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Switching from 300cc to 600 cc implants

+2

This is a significant size increase and with your relatively petite frame this could be a disproportionately large implant for your body. I would definitely try some sizers and contemplate wearing them for a week or two to get a feel for the weight as well as the appearance. With an implant of that volume, you will be placing yourself at a higher risk for revisionary surgery and potential complications.

Very big breast implants are a big mistake.

+2

Hi.

Don't do it.  They will stretch your tissues out and they age very badly. Also, more complications.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Increase in Breast size

+2

Cosmetic lastic surgery is about making patients happy and giving them what they want. You can get 600cc implants and they would look amazing!

You should know that 600cc implants can cause you problems in the future such as saggier breasts, chest wall compression, thinning of the breast tissue etc.

However we have one life to live and you should get exactly what will make you happy.

I am excited  for you.

:)

John M. Anastasatos, MD, FACS