Would 427cc or 457cc Silicone Implant Be Too Much for my Frame. I Am 5ft and Weigh 147lbs? (photos)

I want to be a full C very small D. My surgery is 4 days away and i want to make sure i'm at the range i want to be. I'm extremely nervous, I've never had surgery before, but excited at the same time. I would hate to wake up and not be happy with the outcome. My Dr. said that the implant with shrink about 10% once they are in and a few months to settle, i'm getting them behind the muscle. Should i go smaller? Thank you!

Depends on your base width

+1
The pictures appear to be reasonable for those sizes but ultimately the base width of your breasts will help determine the size, just from looking at the pics though those sizes seem reasonable

Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1
Selecting the right implants for you is always a challenge. We utilize a number of different techniques in our practice including 3D imaging and simulation, rice-filled sizer's at home, implants in clothes during our consultation, and bio-dimensional tissue-based analysis. A combination of these approaches should help guide you and your board-certified plastic surgeon in selecting the right size that will help you achieve your goals.

Clark Schierle, MD, PhD

Are 427cc or 457cc silicone implants too big for your frame?

+1
This is a very common question.  But ultimately, the only person that can answer if they are too big is you.  At my practice, our patients try on implants at their consultation and preoperative visit to choose the best size for them. Basically, what you see when you try on implants is what you get, but they may appear about 10% smaller.  If you tried them on and liked the look in the mirror, then that is the size you should get!

I advise my patients not to worry about the cup size.  Bra sizes vary based on the company, the style, etc.  The most important thing is choosing a size that fits your frame well and looks good to you.

I'm sure that no matter what size you choose, you will have a beautiful result!  Congratulations and good luck!!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Right Volume?

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  It is not unreasonable to have 400 cc + implants placed.  There will be some decrease in the volume due to a decrease in the swelling. 

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Size question

+1
This is one of the more common questions we hear in our offices and on this site. The only useful answer really comes in the setting of consultation and examination.

Trying on implants helps. Usually the sizing implant looks a bit larger than that same size implant used at surgery, so often the surgeon will choose an implant 5 to 10% larger than the trial that looked good to patient and surgeon.  The surgeon will also take breast measurements to help guide the choice.  Most will not want to use an implant that is wider than the patients breast, for example.  This I cannot tell based only on photos without measurements. 

I am very hesitant to guess size.  First of all there are no fixed and uniform definitions. Second, the C cup on a 34 is larger than  a C on a 32 band, and so forth. Third, there is a degree of uncertainty.  The same implant will not necessarily look the same in two different women of similar breast size.

The person to discuss this with is your surgeon. Your doc doesn't want to to be unhappy with your outcome either. Best wishes. 

Would 427cc or 457cc Silicone Implant Be Too Much for my Frame. I Am 5ft and Weigh 147lbs?

+1
From your photos and your description of your wants and desires, I believe you will be very satisfied with the implants your have chosen.  "Dr. D" is right when he explained that the breasts you wake up with do not have the same appearance in 4-8 weeks.  The breasts will settle and decrease in size slightly when the swelling subsides.  Congratulations on pursuing breast augmentation.  Best of luck!

Jason Mussman, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

What size?

+1
The most common question we get as plastic surgeons, if your surgeon is helping you choose your sizes based on your tissue dynamics and characteristics you should be set up for a great outcome! GOOD LUCK

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  Ultimately, careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be an important part of the preoperative and intraoperative planning process.  Given that your surgery is coming up in the near future, I would suggest that you spend more time with your plastic surgeon discussing your questions and concerns. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc or "better cleavage” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of  in bra sizers and computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  I find that the use of temporary  intraoperative sizers ( with the patient in the upright position)  allows for accurate selection of breast implant size/profile to achieve patient's goals as precisely as possible.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Good luck with your upcoming procedure!

Implant choice

+1
First implants do not shrink the swelling around them subsides. Second if you and your surgeon chose an implant, you can always get a rough idea peforming a baggy test. Good luck.

Are 427 cc breast implants too large for your frame

+1
You should revisit your Plastic Surgeon prior to your surgery and discuss size.  Try on sizers in his office, so that you are clear as to the volume added.  Implants do not shrink.  Your breast will settle, but the volume will remain the same.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD