425cc Sientra Imlants...will They Be Too Big or Just Right? (photo)

ok so I go for my implants next Thursday! my doc said 375,400,425 for the sientra gummy bear under muscle! we tried them on at pre op and all said the 425 looked the best on me. im around 5"4 118lbs, my hips are wide after I had my 2 kids and I do have a lot of stretch marks from when my boobs got bigger during pregnancy. I do plan on getting a tummy tuck in the future..im wanting something to fit my body but not look fake. im currently wearing 32/34 A and would like to be a full C! (:

Implant selection

+1
Thank you for your question. Without knowing your base diameter this is a complicated answer. Your surgeon should choose an implant that fits within your base diameter (width) of your breast. You also do have a good amount of skin to fill out, so an implant on the larger size is going to give you the best result. The size your doctor has proposed, seem given the photos, to be a good implant for you. Good luck.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Don't Make yourself crazy

+1

You are a great candidate and your surgery will likley be a home run if chose a well credentialed experienced plastic surgeon. It is the job of your surgeon to choose the appropriate implant that fits your body and desires. You should be involved and very aware of his/her plan and if you do not agree with the plan then possibly pick another surgeon. In otherwords, the surgeon should have a plan that gets you the results you want and not just be willing to put in whatever implant you decide upon.

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

425 Sientra implants

+1

I think you will achieve the results you wish. But rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present.  In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Implant size selection

+1

I do not promise a patient a cup size because this is a ticket to disappointment.  It is best to look for a shape or contour that you like.  In our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This allows the patient to visualize their result prior to surgery.  In one year of use and over 100 breast augmentations I have had no patient complain of an implant size problem.

Scar Tissue Removed from Breast?

+1

Might be an appearance of a D cup with the 425 cc ones. Might consider they 400 cc but I always say go bigger so you will not be disappointed 

425cc Sientra Imlants...will They Be Too Big or Just Right?

+1

If you liked the 425 cc after trying on the sizers, then you should stick with that.  This should increase you about 2 cup sizes.  Your plastic surgeon can adjust the profile of the implant so that it fits your chest wall width and breast width.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

425 implants Sientra

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what would be best for you.  You can do a baggy test to see what volume you like.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Given that your surgery is coming up in the near future, and that you still have concerns, spend more time communicating with your plastic surgeon and show him/her what you consider to be “just right”. 

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Will be bigger than C

+1

With the amount of breast tissue that you have and a 425 cc implant, you will definitely be bigger than a C in a Victoria secrets bra. But I wouldn't focus as much on bra cup size as I would on how they look on your body. It seems like you do have wide hips and could easily look quite good with 425 or 375. It's just whether you want a little more or a little less.  I would trust your doctors recommendation and if you still have reservations, just make another appointment. Best of luck!

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS