Will a 425cc Make Me a Full C/small D at 34a/b & 5'5 130 Lbs?

I was debating between a 375-400 and my doc said that's hardly different so going to 425 would grant me a half cup size difference and he highly recommended it!!!! He said to trust him bc most women regret not going bigger. So essentially I'm going one size up but I hope it's not too big on me!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast implant size

+1

It depends on what your definition of a C or D cup is, but 425 is in the right ballpark given your description. Just don't go any larger then that.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Ultimate breast size after augmentation is the decision of the patient.

+1

I would agree with your surgeon in most women in retrospect after breast augmentation wish they had gone a bit bigger. Nevertheless, this is not true of everyone so make certain that is what you want.

Implant Size selection to achieve your goals

+1

In terms of size selection, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing the right implants

+1

It is difficult to say what is the best implant for you without an exam. But a 50 cc difference is not that much.

Cup Size and Implant Size

+1

Your question, one of the most popular, is impossible to answer as an on line consultant.  In fact, it is exceedingly difficult to answer in person.  This is because there are too many variables that exist to accurately or consistently predict your breast size after surgery with any given implant, and the bra sizing industry is not standardized.  That is why I do not talk about bra size with my patients, and neither should your doctor, as he is setting himself up for a fall if you are not exactly the bra size you wanted.

Please remember there is a more important issue at stake here: your current breast's anatomic size and tissue characteristics.  That should be the primary consideration, and making a few key measurements (which don't include your height, weight, or bra size) will determine the most appropriate sized implant for you.   This is important because the majority of complications after breast augmentation are associated with inappropriately large implants, especially high profile implants: unpredictable tissue thinning, rippling (#1), malposition, double bubble, and capsular contracture (#2).  The risk of requiring a re-operation in three years after surgery is 20% on average (a dismal statistic),  mostly due to the above mentioned complications. This can be reduced to 2% when preoperative implant size planning, meticulous surgical technique, and no touch implant delivery is employed.  That is why it is so important that your prospective surgeon is certified by the ABPS, a member of the ASAPS, and performs all types of cosmetic breast surgery, including revisions, lifts, and reductions.

Keep in mind what is really important to you: a long term great looking and feeling result and no re-operations!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implant size for a C/D

+1
Choosing an implant depends on so many factors that I can't really give great advice without an exam, but I will tell you that if you have very tight skin a 400 or 425 will possibly give you stretch marks and lead to sagging a few years from now. Many people say "you'll wish you went bigger", but not everyone thinks that.
I'll share my personal experience (which I rarely do!) since I think it will help. I am 5'7" and 125-130 pounds. I started at a 34 A/B. My implants are 400/425 (due to some asymmetry), and I am now a D/DD. If your goal is a C/D, do yourself a favor and stay at or below 400. You can always go bigger in the future, but it's hard to down size once your tissues are stretched.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

+1

That is pretty much impossible to answer without a physical exam. Your surgeon is right that 25 cc is not going to give you much difference. But the final breast size is not related solely to the implant volume. It depends on how much breast tissue you start with, the shape of your ribcage, thickness of the muscle and stiffness of the breast tissue and skin. Show him photos of what you like and let him worry about what size it takes to create that look. That's his job.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C, small D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Will a 425cc Make Me a Full C/small D at 34a/b

+1

There are no fixed standards to determine cup size. Some surgeons on this site state, as a guideline, that a women will get a cup size increase with every 150-250 cc of implant. 

I prefer to ignore cup size and have patients try on implants to help pick out the best option.

All the best.