Will 425cc Be Bigger Than a Small D Cup? (photo)

I'm 5'5" 130lbs currently very small B cup. My ribcage measures 30". My left breast is 7.5' and my right is 8". I'm wearing a 34b bra, I wish to achieve a large C or small D. My doc recomends high profile saline 400cc filled to 425 on my right and a 425cc overfilled on my left. Will this be bigger that a large C or small D or too big for my frame?

Minimal implant size for minimal long term complication

+2

If you wear a 34 B then each additional 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  425 cc implants will take you up 4 cup sizes (from B to F).  Also, I recommend placing the implants retro-pectorally.  Implants of that size may not be able to fit behind your muscle.  You are focusing on breast implant size when your goal is to achieve beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by several factors, the least important is volume.  When I look at your breasts I see asymmetry (right bigger than left) and your areola on the left side is pointing downward and out.  I recommend you consider a new procedure called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to change the shape of your breasts, create upper pole fullness and increase cleavage.  This technique allows the implant to be placed higher on your chest wall, your breast tissue elevated and the areola elevated to align all 3.  This is essential to provide the maximum projection with a minimal size implant.  The larger the implant to more complications you will have and the sooner they will displace inferiorly and laterally.  My recommendation to you is a 200 cc silicone gel implant placed retro-pectoral with a Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

The best way to tell you if a specific implant is good for you is to really evaluate you in person. As for final cup size it is very difficult to "nail this down" because all bras a made differently. Assume that 150-200 cc of fluid will increase you by approximately a cup size.

Bigger than a D cup?

+1

If the implant dimensions fit your measurements (particularly diameter) I bet you will look great and be very happy. However my guess is you will be somewhat larger than a small D. I find 200cc usually makes one cup size difference (rule of thumb of course). Remember you will wear a larger bra size in many brands (like VS).

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Implant volumes

+1

Too big for one person is just right for someone else...the volumes your doctor is recommending are certainly reasonable and can "fit "your frame.  Only you can decide if it is going to give you the final breast size you want. Ask to see how these sizes would look in a bra with a full length mirror in your surgeon's office to get an idea.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Implant size is hard to equate to a bra size

+1

Your information and photos are very helpful.  In my opinion is sounds like you are doing the right thing to get the size you want.  There is no exact science to help determine a bra size.  One method to try is to find a bra with a cup size that you like and see how large of an implant it takes to fill it up.  However, even this method has some limitations but it is as close as you can get to a live fitting.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon