Is 425cc Too Big for B Cups with C Cup As Goal Size?

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. I am 113lbs, 5'2" and a small 34B. My doctor recommends 425cc silicone high profile for me to be a full C. I am scared to death they may be too big for me, but he says once they come down they will be fine.

He is experienced for 20 years and I do trust him, but I can't help but think they will be too big for me. Any advise?

I've looked at dozens of pictures and some 350's look smaller than 300's. It is really confusing, and my doctor insists a year from when I do them they will look natural and beautiful and that if I went smaller I would regret it. Please help! My operation is soon! Thank you!

Picking the perfect size for breast implant augmentation

+2

No one can answer this question for you.

Your best option, in my opinion is to try on sizers, give your input, and take responsibility for your decision. What works for your lifestyle now may not be desireable 5 years from now and that means either larger or smaller. Your surgeon, is making a recommendation based on his/her 20 year experience. He/she likely knows that the average person desires a larger implants after surgery. However, you may not be the average person and he/she cannot read your mind. Express your thoughts, desires, and goals.

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast enlargement

+1

Breast enlargement has  much to do with the size of the implants chosen for augmentation, but so does the shape of the patient's breasts and ribcage.  It would seem that the best way to tell whether 425cc. implants would be proper for you would  be to see a picture of you, as well as to examine your overall shape.  I think these implants may be too big for you.  My experience is that patients are never happy when their implants are bigger than they desire.

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Breast implant size?

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saiine/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast augmentation

+1

I believe that, taking into consideration your size/height/frame, 425cc is too large.  Though you may like them now, you may not in the future.  The overlying skin will become thin and you will feel the implants and may see rippling.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

For your body and frame that does sound a bit too big. But it is really hard to say just from a bunch of numbers. One would need to see you and do base diameter measurements to see how wide your chest is.

Also what you can do is to perform the rice test to see what 425 cc looks like on you. Here is a journal entry on the rice test. http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/journal/orange-county-breast-augmentation-sizing/66/

Hope this helps you out.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast size after placement of 425 cc implants

+1

Hi,

With your height and weight, and if you are truly a B cup, 425 cc implants will almost certainly make you larger than a C cup. That being said, you will have a very full, round look - this may be the look you're going for. If it's not, and you truly only want to be a C cup, you may wish to seek the opinion of another board certified plastic surgeon.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Breast Implants and size

+1

I personally think the implants may be too big for you. You will definitely be larger than a "C" cup. I would have it re-evaluated and maybe go with a smaller implant.

This is hard to answer without a picture and examination

+1

Based on your height and weight and bra size,425 c.c will be too big. I think that you have the same feeling and that why you questing the size. You have few options. Get a second opnion or third one and do not tell the surgeon about the size and let them make suggestions.

The other option is to find a surgeon who offer 3D imaging (Axis 3 or Canfield). These 3D imaging can help you to visulize your body with different size implants. You can google the doctors in your area who offer 3D imaging.

Finally ,smaller is better in long run,425 c.c may look good, but will thin out your skin and you will get sagging.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

The patient should be comfortable with choice of breast implant size

+1

You and your surgeon should work together to decide on the implant size. It's your body and your decision. On the other hand, pictures aren't much help either. Our process is to have the patient try implants on in a bra of the size they want. It's not a perfect process but at least you have a good idea of what you are getting. When you say you are scared to death they are too big, then they are too big.

Richard Baxter, MD