425 Cc 2 Weeks Ago. Breasts Don't Seem to Be Moving Down at All. Very Developed Pecs Mentioned by Dr. When Do I Freak Out?

5'10", 185lbs, muscular, also had lift as I lost a lot of weight.

When Do Breast Implants Settle In?

+2

The first word of advice would be: don't "freak our" yet as you are very early in your recovery. Breast implants always seem high on your chest wall in the beginning because the muscle and skin of the lower portion of the breasts need time to stretch and allow the implants to drop. This process typically take 2-4 months but sometimes a little longer. Well developed muscles may result in slower progress but you should get there. My experience has been that silicone breast implants seem to drop more quickly than saline. Be patient and try not to watch them all the time. It is like trying to watch grass grow; it seems like not much is happening if though you may be making progress.

Breast Augmentation

+1

2 weeks is too soon after surgery to be concerned.  Larger implants will require more time for the tight tissues to relax allowing implants to settle better.  I usually tell patients to give it 4-8 weeks.  I hope this info helps.

Breast Implant Recovery

+1

Rest assured, two weeks is too early to get worried.  If you post before and after pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.  As the tissues settle and the swelling resolves, you may notice the implants settle into place as well.  However, if you have any concern, you should follow closely with your surgeon.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

When to freak out after breast implants

+1

Two weeks is a very common time for panic and regrets, especially when things don't seem to be progressing well. Generally it takes two to three months for the breast and implant to meld and blend together. The process takes longest when the natural skin envelope is tight. The strong pecs thing is a bit confusing as the chest muscle covers only the upper half to two thirds of the implant, and if the muscle and pocket was released  and shaped so the implant is centered on the nipple the implant should not sit high.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Strong chest muscles and breast implants

+1

It may take sometimes a couple months before implants will drop into position after a breast augmentation.  If a breast lift was done at the same time it may take longer.    

For someone who has very developed chest muscles such as body builders or many cross-fitters, most surgeons will recommend an breast implant be placed "above" the muscle.  This allows the implant to lay with minimal distortion and without disturbing the pecs.  Also, the pectoralis muscles are usually thinned out and weakened by placing implants under them.  This however should not impact how long an implant takes to drop.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-westchester-ny/