Can 425-450cc's Give Me a Full D Cup? Going W/silicone( Pics Incl)

How many cc's would you guys suggest if i wanted a full D cup, wanting cleavage. I'm getting a crescent lift w/silicone implants. Don't know what type of profile, but i know my doctor said they would be place under the muscle. My pre-op is tomm. Here are some pictures....

How may CC's for a Full D?

+3

Thank you for your question. 450 cc's look different on different people. In order to answer your question,  I would need to know your height, weight, and the diameter of the base of your breast.

If you are unsure, get re-sized at your surgeon's office during the pre-op visit.

Best of Luck.

Implant Selection Process

+2

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Implant Size?

+2

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between  the size of breast implants  and the resulting cup size.
In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

D cup

+1

That size may give you a D cup depending on the type of bra purchased.  It is more important that you get what you are looking for.   Photos can help along with a good discussion and understanding between you and your doctor.  Looking at the photos it appears that a crescent lift is not needed the way you are built, with your anatomy . An implant will fill you out and lift you up to give you a good shape.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Cup size and implants

+1

You are probably in the ball park of expectations with a 400-425 cc implant, however I always emphasize to patients that cup size does not always match up.  A sizer in a bra with a tight t-shirt helps give you an idea of the look you want.  Do not focus too much on the cup size.

Give me a d cup

+1

you need to provide pictures to your surgeon of what you want. you have to remember that bra sizes vary from company to company.  your perception of a d may not be the same as your doctor. there are several websites which give pre and postoperative pictures with all the important data listed  good luck

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

You do not need a crescent lift! This is a bogus way for your doctor to charge for a lift when none is needed!

+1

And I bet your surgeon is using a periareolar incision to place your implants, right? Unless you like the scar visible on your areola, using this incision as a way of charging for a "lift" is simply an unethical way to up-charge you for the incision he/she would use anyway. The amount of "lift" achieved with this type of "lift" is truly insignificant, which is why you don't need one in the first place.

If this is the incision you and your surgeon choose, so be it, but please don't pay a nickel more for removal of a few millimeters of skin that will provide no-to-scant lift. Filling your skin brassiere is all you need to give the appearance of "lifted" nipple/areola position, especially since you want a D-cup and cleavage. You will probably want moderate or moderate plus profile implants to give you as much implant width (and close cleavage) as possible. High profile implants are the narrowest base diameter implants in a given volume, and can yield a wider cleavage--NOT what you want. Profile is based on your breast base diameter measurement in conjunction with a specific requested volume to achieve your size goals, NOT a surgeon's preference or habit. You didn't provide your height or weight, nor do I have your breast measurements (as I measure them), so my recommendations are based only on general guidelines, and would be dependent on your exact wishes and measurements (photos of breast sizes you like, and trying on implants in a bra and stretchy top). For more information about sizing, read my article (on the About tab on my Profile page) titled: "What is the Right Breast Implant Size for You?" or click on the link below.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

You do not need lift

+1

The pictures show nipple-areola complex above the inframammary fold. The use of the breast implants with high profile shape will give you enough lift. You can have 425-450 cc silicone implant for the  D cup.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

425cc can give a D-cup

+1

Certainly an implant 425 to 450cc can give a D-cup, and for some depending on chest size a smaller implant will do, and again for some with a full chest, perhaps taller a 500cc might be a better choice. My guess is that you are within range and could do just fine. Breast augmentation by the numbers however is a risky game. If your surgeon knows how you wish to look we hope he will use his best judgment (the 450cc maybe?) to give you the look you expect.

peterejohnsonmd

Can 425-450cc's Give Me a Full D Cup? Going W/silicone

+1

Certainly, a 450 cc implant will take you around D cup. But, D cup has a wide range. It is really important to communicate with your surgeon what you expect when you say full D cup because a 550 cc implant will produce a D cup breast as well.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon