Will 421cc Implants Be Too Small??

I am getting a full lift, currently a saggy 36b. So I imagine the lift will get me to an A cup. I want to be at LEAST a "D"...here are my body measurements. 5'4" 160lbs (and losing slowly) Ribs: 31" Shoulder to shoulder: 17.5" BWD: 14cm Current Hips: 41" I just dont want my frame to swallow these cc's. My doc thinks 421cc Natrelle Mod+...Im pushing for more cc's but question if I should with the lift in play. I have pics of myself but not ok with public posting. THOUGHTS?

Breast implant size

+2

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implant size depends on your goals

+1

It is impossible to tell what size implants you will need to achieve your goals with a physical examination.  Since you mentioned that you are in the process of losing weight, I would suggest that you lose whatever amount of weight you want to first.  When you lose weight, you might be losing some from your breasts as well.  Once you achieve your final weight, then consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your neighborhood.  Names and addresses could be found on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website.

Implants and lift

+1

Without an exam and at minimum photos, it is impossible to tell you what would be best for you. 420's and a B cup to start with will probably get you in the "D" range.

Choosing Implants

+1

Hi there- 

It is very important that you understand that there are variables that will significantly affect the way any particular implant will look in your particular body that simply cannot be understood without an exam, and indeed without operating on you...

Please read this informative article to better understand how best to go about maximizing your chances of achieving your goals...

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2010/01/achieving-beautiful-breasts-you-desire.html#657

Determining the right breast size and deciding to go larger than recommended

+1

AS plastic surgeons we would really like to help you but it is difficult with the limited information provided. There are no absolute measurements that can guide you here. Breast measurement have been provided but it is not easy to assess the compliance of your breast skin envelope. I would rely on the advice of your board certified plastic surgeon who has had the benefit of examining you.

This is a larger than average breast implant.

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women present complaining of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

How to pick breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

Breast augmentation together with breast lift

+1

I had to read your post a few times as it was not clear. These posted photos are not of you. Did you post them because that is the look you want? Since I do not know what you look like now I have no idea how you can get there. I do not know why a properly performed lift a lone would make a 36B into a 36A. That is not necessarily the case. One thing we can say for sure is if you do a lift and place too large an implant your sagging is much more likely to recur.

Will 421cc Implants Be Too Small?

+1

From your posted photos I would not do any lifting AT ALL. As for size look at the 500 to 600 cc range for a D cup+. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Breast implants by the numbers

+1

Choosing an implant size is one of the most common themes on this site, and the cause of considerable anxiety and worry. You face making the call once in your life and getting it right, and your surgeon probably has (or should have) the experience of hundreds. You are right in that some breasts will 'swallow' an implant and a larger one is needed. I like the photos you selected. Ask your surgeon to come as close as possible and leave the size to him.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.