420cc and 445cc Extra High Profile Allergan Natrelle Implants- Will This Make Me a DD?

Hi, I'm an 18 year old female from the UK and getting my breast enlargement on the 17th of May, I'm constantly worrying over size and asked my care co-ordinator to ask my surgeon for larger, she said 470cc is the biggest for my band width (12.5 cm). I'm 5ft 4, 120 lbs with a full A cup/small B cup 32/34". I'm getting extra high profile because I want to be "out there" Do you think I will get the wanted results? I'm so worried! Please put my mind at ease!

Sizing

+1
There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant choice and cup size

+1

It is very hard to predict the exact cup size for a specific volume.  The best way to guesstimate is by performing a baggy test. But remember, all bra companies manufacture implkants a bit differently.

Will I Get A DD Cup Result With My Breast Augmentation?

+1

The dilemma you have is a common one and stems from what you mean to be a DD cup size and what 'out there' means. While that can mean a lot of things to different women, it is probably fair to say in your case that 470cc implants will not achieve your goals. That may be the best match between your breast base and implant widths, but that would not be a DD cup result by most people's breast size interpretations.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Style 45 implants

+1

Using the highest available profile on the market that matches your BWD is the best thing to do.  That would be a style 45 Allergan implant.  Cup sizes are tough as they change depending  upon where you by your bra  Victoria's secret v. Nordstroms.  That implant however regardless of your cup size will put your "out there" .

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon