Is $4,200 for Ab Liposuction a Good Price?

I know price is not the first consideration but in this economy it is very important to me. I am just needing my abs Liposuctioned (mostly just lower abs but a small amount on my upper abs).
I do not have a lot of fat and am petite so just a small amount would be removed (I have the "kangaroo pooch"). I was quoted $4,200 which included the surgeon's fee, anesthesiologist's fee and the surgery center/hospital fee. Is that high?

Fees for liposuction

+3

That would be a good price to get all that done.  Just make sure the doctor is a real plastic surgeon as there are so many discounted people out there who are not properly trained in liposuction and don't have board certification.

Liposuction costs

+1

Liposuction prices will vary from city to city and surgeon to surgeon.  There are many variables in price.  Often these variables are not in the control of the surgeon, (O.R. fee, anesthesia fee, supplies, etc).  Beware of bargain basement pricing.  Cheap can become expensive quickly.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together you should be able to find a plan that is safe and effective.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

$4200 for abs liposuction a bargain as long as you're not going under general anesthesia

+1

Liposuction of the abdomen is a great procedure but beware of docs who still do the old method of liposuction under general anesthesia since that is where the most risks and problem results come from. Tumescent technique liposuction under local anesthesia with the micro canulas give a far superior result and is safer although it is a little more expensive since it takes a lot longer to perform the procedure but is so worth it.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes it is.

+1

Make sure you see an experienced surgeon who will let you meet patients like you that he has done. Photos are helpful but don't always tell you what other patients may.