420/440cc mod, saline, unders one year ago, making me a 30F (professionally fitted 3X). Downsize to C/D without capsulorrhaphy?

I'm 5'8", 130 lbs, early 30s, was flat B prior to surgery. Chest is only 28" around so implants take up maximal space on chest. Result is huge cleavage in bras, lots of "side boob," a much heavier appearance. Worse, they have been uncomfortable/painful since day one (L from fold to areola, R along cleavage line), requiring bra 24/7, sleeping on back only, 2 sports bras for exercise. I want small as possible without sag. My PS now suggests 270cc and NO capsule modification. Does this seem right?

I think a lift will be necessary if downsizing that much.

+1
What you’re describing is trading out your implants for new ones that will be about half the volume. This is almost certainly going to require a lift at the same time to reshape your natural breast tissue—and yes, the implant pocket—around the new, smaller implants. You should see very beautiful, natural results as long as you choose a board certified plastic surgeon with plenty of experience in breast implant revision surgery. I do agree that choosing a smaller implant size and perhaps a different profile shape will give you the softer, more natural look that’s closer to the photo you posted. Be sure to bring that picture and any others that you feel are representative of your ideal results along with you to your consultation.

Implant downsize

+1
Downsizing can be tough in the sense that it is difficult to get into the patient's head to see if they would be happy with 100cc less, 150 cc's less, etc..  It is a discussion in person.

Breast augmentation

+1
I dont see how this is possible. the pocket is way too big for a 270 cc implant. I would not put in a smooth implant. i would use a textured shaped highly cohesive gel and definitely do bilateral capsulorraphies

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon