Age 42, 4 Months Post TT/BA. Will Pregnancy Make My Hernia and Muscle Separations Return?

I Am 42 Years Old. I Had a Tummy Tuck and a Breast Augmentation. If I Got Pregnant What Would Happen if It Has Only Been 4 months since the procedures. Would my hernia and muscle seperations return? Could I get hurt if I have the baby? Am I too old to have the baby?

Effect of pregnancy on tummy tuck

+1

Questions about pregnancy at age 42, etc. should be addressed to your OB-GYN as they are beyond the scope of plastic surgery practice.  In terms of the effect of a potential pregnancy on your result, depending on your skin and muscle tone, vaginal v. Caesarean birth, amount of weight gain, etc., you may require surgical revision.

Pregnancy after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Generally speaking, patients are able to have normal pregnancies after tummy tuck surgery.   Check with your own OB/GYN  about the general risks associated with pregnancies for patients in your age range.

Depending on weight gain/loss,  changes in skin elasticity,  genetics etc. revisionary surgery may be necessary after the pregnancy.  Although some degree of muscle separation is predictable after pregnancy, recurrence of the hernia is not a foregone conclusion.

This is a situation where only time will tell.