Botox Help Droopy Eyelids?

I am 42 years old and have noticed a slight droopiness of my left eyelid. I have never had Botox before and was wondering if it could lift my eyelid. I don't have wrinkles on any other areas of my face. Where would it be injected specifically for droopy eyelids and how much quantity would be needed?

Botox usually doesn't help droopy eyelids but occasionally may.

+1

Don't waste your money trying to get your droopy eyelids elevated with Botox.  It does do it rarely but most times it doesn't and you are just wasting your money.  Get a bleph or brow lift consultation.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox For droopy eyelids

+1

In certain circumstances, careful use of Botox may be able to give a slight brow lift and improve droopy eyelids.  However, depending on the eyelid, in some cases patients will need a surgical correction of the skin and/or muscle.  In addition, sometimes Botox can actually make a droopy lid look worse if the eyebrows are dropped.  You should consult your doctor for an evaluation and discuss treatment options in person.

Joshua Zeichner, MD

Droopy eyelids

+1

If you have truly droopy eyelids which is causing ptosis, a small amount medially and laterally along the tarsal plate may elevate the eyelid.  But, it really shodl be treated by a ptosis correction operation.

Droopy eyelids + Botox

+1

This is a very temporary treatment for your condition. See a very well trained injector before having this done. It takes a true expert to correct drooping eyelids.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Botox for droopy eyelids

+1

Eyelid droopiness, heaviness, swelling all may be different or the same entities. Evaluation must be done to determine what the cause is of your drooy eyelid. If the eyebrow has come down and is pushing the preseptal eyelid lower, then a couple of units of Botox can be used off-label in the outer upper corner of the orbicularis oculi muscle near the tail of the eyebrow to help lift the eyebrow, and with it, the eyelid. Similarly, Botox in the glabella (region between the eyebrows) can help lift the mid forehead which can pull up on the eyelid. Sometimes, there is a weakness of the levator that holds up the eyelid and an oculoplastic surgeon can surgically repair this.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Yes but this is not an effective solution

+1

Consider seeing a fellowship trained oculofacial surgeon.  These are board certified ophthalmologists who are also fellowship trained in eye plastic surgery.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a website (ASOPRS.org) with a directory that will help you find a highly qualified surgeon in your area. They can carefully assess you and help you determine the best way to help your droopy eyelid.

Botox for ptosis

+1

Botox can help elevate the eyelid.  The effect is only temporary and needs to be repeated every ~3 months. It needs to be injected very carefully in the upper eyelid by someone very familiar with eyelid anatomy.  It does not require any significant amount of Botox.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox will not correct a droopy eyelid

+1

A droopy eyelid could be caused by muscle weakness in the upper lid or you may just have excess skin on your upper eyelid that is causing it to appear droopy. The first thing you need to do is confirm what is causing the droopy lid and then decide on the best treatment.  A qualified facial plastic surgeon will be able to tell you if the cause is a weak muscle (this condition is known as ptosis) and will most likely suggest that you either see an Ophthalmologist or Occuplastic surgeon. 

If the appearance is due to excess skin you could either have an upper Blepharoplasty to remove the excess skin or you could try a Botox injection to raise the eyebrow on that side which would lift the brow and excess skin to a small degree.  I would suggest consulting with a Board Certified Facial Plastic surgeon in your area and you should be able to get the improvement you are seeking.

Arnold Zweig, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for droopy eyelids

+1

Botox can help the problem you are having. However, if is asymmetric then you must proceed cautiously with an experienced dermatologist . It is worth an evaluation and try to see if you can get the desired results.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon