I'm a 42 Year Old Male Who Had an Open Rhinoplasty 1 Month Ago. Will Minoxidil Slow Healing Time?

I still have considerable tip swelling which I understand can take up to 1 year to heal. I have thick nostrils, tip to begin with. I was using minoxidil topical for hair loss for about 6 months and stopped 2 months before surgery and I want to start it again now. Since minoxidil is a vasodilator is it going to affect how my swelling will heal? I also take blood pressure medications to keep my BP down.

Can minoxidil effect healing after rhinoplasty

+1

I would say no.  It's a reasonable thought but I don't think it would make much difference in the long run.  If your skin is thick then your skin is thick and it could take some more time.  You may need a more aggressive surgery for your nasal tip.  Dean Toriumi, MD in Chicago would be an excellent surgeon to get an opinion from.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon