375cc High Profile Silicone Gel Candidate?

I'm 4'10 and 110 and Ribcage is 31" 34B, is Right for 375cc High Profile Silicone Gel?

High profile silicone gel filled implant is a reasonable choice

+1

High Profile silicone implants in a thin petite individual with minimal if any breast tissue is a great idea to minimize palpability an disibliy. 

Implant size can be determined with implant samples

+1

Go to your plastic surgeons office and take samples of implants and place them inside your bra.  This will give you a rough estimate of how you will look after the procedure.  You may also want to browse various plastic surgery websites to get an idea of what different size implants will look like.  As far as high profile versus moderate and moderate plus, your plastic surgeon may be able to take a picture of you and show you how much projection you can expect with the different implants.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Choosing an implant

+1

Choosing the right breast implant is a very important subject that is discussed during consultation based upon your desires and your anatomy. It is difficult to say without the exam.

The right breast implant for breast augmentation

+1

The right breast implant for augmentation is a complex decision and just the topic of saline verses silicone gel can generate considerable discussion. Implant profile is another long topic considered daily on this site. The implant you suggest, the high profile 375 cc gel implant may be 'right' for the look that you are seeking from breast augmentation, though perhaps not. Spend time at your consultation and bring examples with you of what you consider the best look for you. Be careful with the high profile implant if natural long term shape is important to you.

peterejohnsonmd

+1

I guess there should be not problem with te size you mention. Discuss with your chosen surgeon in detail. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

375 cc breast implants are too big for your frame.

+1

Hi.

Excessively large breast implants age very badly and stretch out your tissues.

We use sterile implant sizers inside your breasts during surgery to make final decision, but I would guess around 250 cc's.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implant sizing is important

+1

The key to achieving a long-lasting breast augmentation result that is attractive relies on measuring your breast and chest dimensions and selecting an implant that fits. I avoid discussion of cup-sizes with patients- no one is on the 'same page' regarding understanding cup sizes.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Forget the math, try on implants

+1

The best way to determine the size is to determine the"look". The best way to determine the "look" is to try on implants in a snug bra and a clingy top. If you like the look then the Dr wil be able to translate that into an implant size or group of sizes. In my opinion it is not as good to determine size based on "math".

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

34B wants a Breast Augmentation

+1

Short answer: that size and style implant should give you a striking result.

Long answer: Bra sizes are confusing. More often than not, a woman is not wearing a correctly fitted bra, doesn't know her bra size, or doesn't know how a bra is fitted.

Cup size is dependent on the "number" part of the bra size... a D cup in a 34 bra is a different size from a 42 bra.

Outward projection is further determined by the "profile" of the implant. High school geometry: Height (projection) times Width (base width). A Higher Profile implant will give you a larger cup size for less volume than a Moderate Profile implant.

Furthermore, a saline implant looks bigger than a silicone implant of the same volume. That is because a saline implant is more oval (round on both top and base), while a silicone implant is flat on the base.

Some plastic surgery books have proposed the following parameters for breast augmentation:

32 bra: 100-200 ml per cup size
34 bra: 150-250 ml per cup size
36 bra: 200-300 ml per cup size
38 bra: 250-350 ml per cup size

Using that as a guide line you will roughly be a D/DD cup postoperatively. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

This really cannot be answered.  The key measurement you have not provided is how wide your chest is behind the breast as this determines how wide an implant you can fit in.  Then, the profile determines how full you want the result to be.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS