I'm a 41 Year Old Women Who Has Started Getting Deep Oil Filled Acne. I Was my Face Several Times a Day, but Face Remains Oily?

How to Manage Oily Skin

+1

Even if you are diligent with regular face washing, your skin can remain oily and deep acne cysts can continue to present on the skin.  If this is a new problem for you, there may be a hormonal component that should be addressed (an increase in androgen hormone influence can increase the production of sebum, or oil, by the sebaceous glands of the skin.)  I recommend visiting a dermatologist for a full evaluation.  Your dermatologist will recommend the most appropriate treatment for your oily skin and will help to clear the deep acne cysts before they cause permanent scars.  

Web reference: http://www.clearclinic.com/hormonal-therapies/

Treating oily, acne skin

+1

I would connect with a dermatologist ASAP to get you skin under control. There may be a hormonal issue that can be picked up on blood work and ultrasound (PCOS). Treatments for oiliness include topical therapies, but much more effective would be hormonal therapies or isotretinoin (Accutane). Speak with a dermatologist for your best options for your skin type, age, budget, etc.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne and Oily skin

+1

Most patients who experience acne and oily skin believe that it is related to cleansing the skin.  In reality, if you over cleanse the skin, it strips the barrier of the natural oils that protect your skin.  It also signals the skin to produce more oil, so it's a catch-22.  At 41, your acne is more than likely related to hormonal changes.  I would recommend seeing a skincare specialist who can help identify what is going on with your skin and help formulate a plan to balance out your oil production while treating the acne.  The key is to get it under control.  In my office, my medical aesthetician has 17 years of experience treating this very condition. The skin is evaluated with the Visia Compexion Analysis which identifies bacterial count (or no bacteria) which then helps determine what course of action to take.  The skin is cleansed, then extractions are carefully done followed by an appropriate chemical peel to treat the acne (as well as aging).  Finally, a hydrator, SPF and Oxygenetix (breathable)  Foundation. Typically when a patient leaves the clinic, they comment that they look better after treatment than when they arrived!

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon