I Am a 40yr. Old Woman and Have Lost Several Eyelashes on my Right Eyelid. What Product Can I Use to Make Them Grow Back?

Latisse Can Help Growing Eyelash Follicles

+1

Latisse can help growing eyelash follicles become thicker, longer, etc.   If the follicles are still active, the lashes can be grown.

LATISSE FOR GROWING EYELASHES

+1

If you have normal eyelash follicles, Latisse should help the eyelashes grow back. It will take approximately six weeks of daily use to see if Latisse will work in your case.  It will take a total of 3 months to see the maximum effect of Latisse.  Best wishes 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Lost Eyelashes

+1

Depends on why you lost the lashes. Latisse works great for most people who have healthy hair follicles with an existing lash. There are a number of conditions i.e. lupus, skin cancer of the eyelid, and alopecia where the eyelash may not return. If you plucked the lashes by accident (and you do not have a bad habit of grasping the lashes and repeatedly plucking them), they they should return and Latisse can help them grow longer, thicker and darker. However, if those lashes just started disappearing and you're not sure why, then I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist (not optometrist) or and oculo-plastic surgeon to get to the bottom of why you lost the lashes. 

Relief Jones, III, MD
San Antonio Ophthalmologist

+1

As long as the eyelash hair follicles are still present, then Latisse will likely help. If the follicles are gone due to trauma or reconstructive surgery then Latisse will not result in "new" eyelashes appearing. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to grow back eyelashes

+1

Latisse is the only product that is proven to grow eyelashes. Latisse has been shown to make your eyelashes grow longer, thicker, and darker. As long as you have healthy follicles, the hair should regrow within the month if you apply Latisse on a daily basis.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Loss of eyelashes

+1

Latisse is the only FDA approved product that makes your own eyelashes grow longer, thicker, and darker. As long as you have active follicles, the Latisse will work. You will start seeing results within a few weeks with the maximum changes in 16 weeks. Latisse is a prescription and can be purchased at a pharmacy with a prescription from a doctor, or from a physician's office that dispenses it directly to patients. For a list of offices local to you, look on the Latisse website and type in your zip code.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Latisse grows eylashes

+1

Product called Latisse is proven to grow eylashes. For a lot of patients it does more than only lenghtening the lashes; it often makes it thicker and darker. You can anticipate to see the very first results at 4 weeks of using the Latisse.

W. John Bull, MD