I'm a 40H am I a good candidate for the surgery?

I'm 22years old 5'5" and weigh 235. I've had big breast my entire life. I excercise 4 times a week and am currently going through training to be a correctional officer. I have to run in the training and it is very difficult and painful because I can't find a bra to hold them down. I have a herniated disc in my back and my breast puts extra stress on my back. Would I be a good candidate for the surgery?

Pain free beautiful breasts

+2
Since you are having back pain and have large breasts (40 H), you are an excellent candidate for a breast reduction. There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast ReductionTM that avoids the ugly vertical scars of the anchor shaped incision, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. The breast is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Breast, neck, back and shoulder pain is relieved by transferring the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle. This produces beautiful breasts that are pain free.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction is often life changing!

+1
Hi there-

While it would not be possible to say with confidence without the benefit of a consultation and careful physical examination, it sounds like you may be a good candidate for improvement both in your appearance and your lifestyle through breast reduction techniques.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Good Candidate for Breast Reduction

+1
Loosing weight would definitely help but that is easier said then done. You are obviously an active person and in my opinion a very good candidate for Brest Reduction. A breast reduction helps immensely with back and shoulder pain, making it easier to workout, train and work as a correctional officer. You should definitely look into having this procedure done.
Best Wishes

Miguel Mota, MD

+1

Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery.  This operation is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.
When the time is right,  seek consultation with well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

It will be important that you that you communicate your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon (I prefer the use of goal pictures).
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Helayne Hershan, RN

+1
Yes, you are a perfect candidate for a Bilateral Breast Reduction.  The Back and shoulder pain are directly coming from the enlarged breasts that are putting a strain on your lower back and neck/shoulders.  Running will be much easier with the appropriate size breasts that are in proportion to you body.   The best way to know would be by having a consultation with Dr. Rowe..

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Good candidate

+1
For all related diseases  and your height and weight I would recommend you first lose weight before do reduction mammoplasty. since you have been with diet and exercise  and not losse weight you should consider a bariatric surgery.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD