Is 400ccs Going to Look too Big? I Am Starting With No Breast Tissue.

Im 22yrs old ive had 5 kids and im having surgery in 1 month and i dont have any breast tissue at all will 400ccs look ok on me i weigh 100pds even and i dont want to look to big

Depends on your body measurements and goals

+1
Size really depends on a variety of measurements before surgery, such as breast width and height. Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for a physical examination to determine the best size for you. Your goals will also be discussed.

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite your good description of your body type and goals, online consultants will not be of specific enough help to you. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “too big” or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Change depends on your chest circumference

+1

Cup size varies with your chest circumference.  For instance, if you are a size 30 or 32 then each 100 cc implant will correspond to 1 bra size increase.  Therefore, 400 cc's would be 4 cup sizes larger, which would be a D.  If you are a 34 or 36 then 400 cc's would correspond to 2 cup sizes larger.  If you start with an A then would be a C.  Where you begin will determine where you will end.  C's or D's are not disproportioned or large.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Is 400 cc too big for breast augmentation?

+1

Without knowing your height, base diameter, and the quality of your tissue, I cannot answer this question for you.  Photographs would help, but still, this question is best answered in the office during a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck and best wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

400 cc implants

+1

Without an exam , it is difficult to say but 400 cc's are fairly large and your frame may not be able to handle them if you are only 5 feet tall.

Breast Implant Size

+1

Hello Baby02,

How you look in terms of proportion is a very subjective thing, that is to say its only an opinion.  Ours might differ from yours.  Opinion is something we surgeons should be avoiding, and instead offering advice based on evidence based medicine. 

You should not worry if an implant is going to look too big or small on you.  You should go to a reputable surgeon who will tell you what implant will be most appropriate for your body base on objective measurements of your breast and chest wall.  This has nothing to do with 'proportion', or other irrelevant measurements like your height, weight, or the size of your thighs and buttocks. More than likely, this will achieve a pretty result that will always be 'proportionate' to your body, but most importantly, will decrease the risk of complications that lead to unexpected early reoperation.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and Size

+1

400cc implants in a 100 pound frame....these implants will look very full in your body.  This will be a considerable change and Dr. Leff is exactly right. It really depends on how much fullness you are after, especially in the upper part of your breasts.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

These implants will look too big on a frame like yours.

+1

What kind of look are you wanting?  This size implant in someone as thin as you are, especially with little to no breast tissue, will look artificial and much too full.  However, some women don't mind this kind of look, and may actually prefer it.  The question you must answer before surgery is, do you want to look natural or very full and top-heavy?

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Looking Natural with Breast Augmentation

+1

With your measurements it is likely that any implant will be somewhat "visible" if you have no breast tissue, are very thin and likely have lost whatever volume you had from breast feeding. Without seing a photograph, it is impossible to tell but the smaller the implant, the "more natural" it will look. However, you do want to have some result from this procedure so you have to see this as a compromise - nothing is perfect in medicine. Have a consult with a board certified surgeon to get an educated opinion about your options. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD