400cc Silicone Implant Under the Muscle,110lbs, 5'3, 23yrs Old, B Cup,Will It Look Bad?i

I have my surgery in a month. i decided 380cc silicone gel implants,under the muscle,inserted under the crease of the breast. I am already a B cup but after reading posts i have researched a 10% volume loss when placement is under the muscle, Does placement and incision differ size? my doctor did not tell me about 10% vol.loss. Would 400cc be ok on a girl of my frame? i have done the rice test and the 400cc looks big but if its 10% vol.loss under the muscle i think id like it. please help!

Yes, that is a good size for you, maybe a little large

+3

In Las Vegas, were I practice, 400 cc's is the average implant size. That's probably a reasonable size for you, but maybe just a little large. As you are just a little smaller than average.    I agree that they look smaller under the muscle, usualy I tell patients about 35 cc' s smaller looking that if they sized them at 400 cc's.  Make sure you try on implant sizers not just the rice thing.   Both Allergan and Mentor make breast sizers and most physicians use them. 

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith 

+2

Without photos or measurements I am reluctant to suggest a size. But if your surgeon felt that 380 cc was appropriate to your chest and breast anantomy, a 400 cc implant will be too. In general,

I find that implant sizers, or rice test outcomes look larger than the same size implanted in the breast, usually by about 10%, but this is not an exact science. 

All the best. 

400cc Silicone Implants vs 380cc Silicone Gel Implants Under Muscle

+2

Knowing that everyone's body is different, try to keep in mind that your results will be within a range and not exact.  Try to go in knowing that you may be on the larger end of a C cup or on the  smaller end of a C cup and convey which range you would be comfortable with to your surgeon.  With that said, going from a 380cc implant to a 400cc implant is not going to be a very noticeable difference and not really worth losing sleep over.  Sounds like you are concerned about being too small so going with a 400cc implant will alleviate that concern because you chose the larger of the two implants.  Remember, your surgeon wants you to be happy, so you can always go see him/her again to go over expectations.  Best of luck!

Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Implant

+2

Sizing of implant with stuffing bras is not very accurate. There is at least a 10%-20% reduction in the look when the implant are placed

Implant Looks Smaller Below the Muscle

+2

If placed below the muscle, the size is blunted.  10% is as good an estimate as any.  I typically tell patients 50 cc less.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant Size Below Muscle

+2

This size implant could work for you. I would rather have you show your surgeon what size you would like to be with a photo from a web site that shows before and after that you could print. They then could size you in the operating room so you will get the outcome you desire. Yes, an implant below the muscle will look smaller that the same size implant used above the muscle. I have never heard of the 10% rule. Also, an implant placed in your bra (or rice) can give you somewhat of an idea what you want and to communicate with your surgeon but it is not totally accurate. Nothing is more accurate than actual sizing in the operating room with tester implants placed in the position of the final implant and being sat up on the OR table to look.

Hope this is helpful. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
On the east coast 400 is large and most women choose something smaller but also are very interested in a more natural look, if you are ok with bulging at the top of your breast you will be fine

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

How will 400cc look?

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Implant size selection

+1

A formal assessment of your chest wall is required to make any implant size recommendations. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com