Will 400cc Hp Silicone Implants Be Good For My Body Type?

I am 5'6 @ 135 wear a 34A my breast are 12cm. i have seen two ps one has said i cant go any thing over 300cc yet the other said my starting point is 325 no more than 400. i am so unsure now i dont want to go to small, but i dont want to go to big.

Before Breast Augmentation use the Rice Test and Photos to choose size of Breast Implant

+2

Choosing the size of Breast Implant depends on the look that you want to achieve. Regardless of Body Type and size of pre Augmentation Breast, you need to have an idea of what the final result will look like on you.

Check the link below on how to do the Rice Test. This involves placing rice in a plastic bag and inserting the bag into you bra. This is the best self test I have found for patients that they can do in the privacy of their own home.

Also visit Loveyourlookdotcom and other manufacturers websites where you will find Before and After photos of patients with a wide variety of implants sizes.

Good luck.

Breasts Implants: Not Too Big, Not Too Small....

+2

When patient state that they “do not want to be too small or too big”,  this  statement can be interpreted differently by different people.

Therefore, I do not rely on these types of descriptions heavily in communicating with patients. In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

How to pick breast implants.

+2

Hi.  I don't agree with either opinion.  The absolute largest you should go is 375 cc's and 325 or 350 cc's would be better. See another surgeon. I hope the following article is useful.

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Sizing of Breast Implants

+2

When choosing implant size I often have women pay no attention to the number until they make their first choice of what suits their waist and hips.  After using this test of instinct we take measurements to see if that implant size will fit well on the chest wall.  Women with a petite rib cage have fewer selections than an average or large size rib cage.  If the implant is too large it can make you look overweight, can have more unnatural characteristics (such as breast on the side of the chest), and can have more complications.  Pick the size that feels right to you, as everyone has different preferences.  Try on sizers again  and do not go larger than your chest wall can accomodate. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Which size implants?

+2

The implant sizes that are possible for your breasts does depend on the width of your breast.  We have implants with different projections: the more projected/pointy implants have a narrow base so that a larger volume can fit behind the breast.  That is why you have a range of possibilities.  To get an idea of how the size will look on you, we can use 3D imaging software, which is not available in all plastic surgery offices, or you can try on implant sizers to get an idea.  You can also purchase Natrelle implant sizers directly from the manufacturer, Allergan. 

Nia Banks, MD, PhD
Washington Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

400cc HP silicone gel implants on a petite frame

+1

Thank you for your question. Here are some things to  consider when selecting implant size for breast augmentation.

1. As you get older, your breast skin will age, stretch and become thinner even without an implant.  The larger any breast, augmented or not, the worse it will look over time due to skin stretching.

2. Adding any implant to your breast adds weight and will produce stretch and irreversible thinning of your breast tissues over time.

3. The larger the implant, the greater the amount of breast tissue stretch that will occur.

4. Adding excess weight to the breast almost guarantees that it will look worse over time, with increased stretch and sagging.  It is impossible to predict whether or when this will occur in any individual patient.

5. Adding weight to your breast with a large implant may cause you to need further surgery in the future, particularly mastopexy (breast lift) with additional visible scars and risks.  You will incur additional costs, time off work, risks, and trade-offs if additional surgery is necessary.

6. Excessive breast tissue stretch from a large implant can make you more likely to have surgical complications with healing problems if the tissues become very thin.

7. As breast tissues thin, You will definitely be able to feel your implant and portions of the implant may be visible through your skin and visible rippling or wrinkling may occur.

8. If excessive stretch or complications occur (and this is unpredictable), it may even become necessary to remove the implants, with compromise in the appearance of your breasts and probable visible scarring if breast lifting (mastopexy) is necessary when the implants are removed.

You can go big and it will look good for a while but in the long run, it will catch up with you. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Implant choice

+1

Choosing the right implant for you takes a consultation performing a physical exam and discussing your goals for surgery. If your base diameter of your breast is reasonable size and your skin has enough laxity and is of good quality it is very possible to place the implants that you requested.

Committing to Breast Implants Prior to Surgery is a Mistake

+1

Hi there-

While I realize that not all of my colleagues agree with this, and that in plastic surgery there are many ways to safely accomplish similar goals, I personally believe that it if it is your goal to achieve a certain appearance (and not a certain implant number or bra size), it is foolish to commit to an implant before surgery.

Why?

Because only at surgery will there be developed a clear and definitive understanding of the relative elasticity and resistance of your breast tissues and skin envelope. Any method of choosing an implant before surgery, whether by measurement, computer imaging, or just estimation, will necessarily and without a doubt be less accurate- making the chances of you ending up unhappy after the implants are placed much higher.

Think of it this way- if, after all of this anxiety of the decision, you choose an implant, have your surgery, only to realize that the implants you chose do not, in fact, give you the appearance you thought they would, are you going to be happy because the implants have the number on them that you asked for? I don't think so.

If on the other hand, you ignore the number on the implant, communicate carefully with a skilled and talented surgeon about your goals for appearance, and free him to do what is necessary to achieve your goals, and then after surgery achieve an appearance very close to your goal and love your look, are you going to be upset if the number on the implant is not what you thought it would be?

Examine your motivations for doing this in the first place, and use your common sense.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS