400cc High Profile Too Big for my Frame?

I am getting a BA/BL April 3rd. I would like 400cc high profile smooth silicone. I am 5"2 125.I am also a figure competitior.I am going under the muscle. I tried to add my pic but I could not. It is on my profile. Any advice would be great.

Implant choice

+1

It is difficult to offer suggestions for the right size implant for you without a formal exam and discussing with you your concerns.

400 cc breast implants too large, specially since you are so active.

+1

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Desired Breast Implant Size

+1

Unfortunately, the information that you have presented is way inadequate for what is needed to answer your question, Without knowing what you look like now, your breast base width measurement and a visual image of what you consider both a good result and one that is too big, it is impossible to know if 400cc is too big or conversely even big enough. Choosing a desired breast implant size is truly a custom decision in which one's height and weight measurements alone offer little help.  

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Implants too big for frame?

+1

It is difficult to answer your question in anything but generalities.  You are having a lift along with the augmentation.  Given this and your "frame",  400cc implants will probably leave you top-heavy.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your breast Implant Size

+1

Without examining you and/or knowing your goals, it is difficult to give you precise advice.

I think that it is very important that you communicate clearly with your surgeon to maximize the chances of achieving your desired breast size.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.

I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.