5 Weeks Post-Op 400cc Breast Implants, Do They Look Flat? (photo)

I had 400 CC silicone gel implants, partials,inframamary fold, 5wks ago. I was a 32A, and wanted a full C, small D cup with upper pole fullness. I am 5'2 weigh 122lbs, average build. I am only measuring as a B right now. My one boob looks flat from certain angles and there is some assymatry that wasn't present prior to surgery. Will I end up with the desired cup size? Will the flat appearance go away? Thanks.

Breast Augmentation Results?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you know, at this stage in your recovery is much too early to evaluate the final size, shape, and symmetry of your breasts. Your breasts will undergo significant changes in the next few months.

You should also be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too  small.

Although it is difficult to predict resulting cup size after breast augmentation,  I would not be surprised if you end up with the C or D cup that you are trying to achieve. 

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon to help with concerns and/or reassurance.

Implant size and cup changes

+2

see my previous answers on this subject:

• 400 cc should make you a d or dd in a 32 bra
  • your breasts will take 3-4 mos to re shape and relax
  • they look good this early post op
  • be patient

Breast appearance post op augmentation

+2

At five weeks post-op it is still very early to expect a final size or appearance. I tell my patients that it will take at least 4-5 months before their appearance is close to final--and some have changes for as long as 6 or 7 months after surgery. As the skin gets used to having the implant present, it can round out and become less flat and asymmetry is common right after surgery. And sometimes an asymmetry that was present but not obvious pre-operatively is more obvious afterwards. Bra manufacturers vary considerably in the way they size bras so it is very difficult to know what size you will be. But try not to get fixated on a size but look more at your general appearance--which from your pictures appears to be quite nice. Good luck to you and try to be patient.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

A 400 cc implant should not put you in a "B" cup bra. Also you have to give them a few more months for the implants to settle into the pockets a bit better.