400CC or 425CC? Surgery May 29th and Need Help, Please!

I am 5'8, weigh 133/134 and measure 34B, but I wear a 34C that doesn't fill. PS and I decided 400CC and looks a little to big, but I'm worried because I keep hearing some girls wish they had gone bigger. I am looking for a nice D, please let me know what you think or suggest...thanks!

How to get the desired cup size from a breast augmentation

+2
When choosing an implant, what is ideal is to have a sample implant that you can try on to see how it looks on you.  Don't worry about numbers or letters.  If you tried different implant samples and 400 is what you like, then that's what you like.  To compensate for the fact that they'll look a little smaller once they are placed under the skin and muscle, go up a little (425-450cc).
Will 400cc take you from a B/C to D cup?  that's difficult to say without seeing you in person, although I would venture a guess that 400cc is a lot and you'll be looking at DD at least.  
I suggest you speak to your plastic surgeon and go for a sizing one more time before you have your surgery.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or "nice D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

400 vs. 425 making mountains out of molehills

+2

30 cc is the volume of a shot glass, therefore, 25 cc is even less than that.  You are a relatively tall, girl, and thus, you will be able to carry off a slightly larger breast size very nicely.  If I had to decide between two sizes, both of which looked good on you, I'd pick the sllightly larger one.  My best advice is to try on sizers with your surgeon, if you haven't done so, and just go with your gut instinct as to what looks good on you.  Don't over think it too much - like Picasso said, good art must be felt and not understood.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

400 or 425 cc implants

+2

A 25 cc difference in volume is very small and probably not very noticeable.  Best to be comfortable with your choice and review it with your doctor.

No one could tell

+2

Even a trained plastic surgeon's eye would have difficulty telling the difference of 25cc. It's less than 2 tablespoons and your breasts probably vary more than that amount monthly with your cycle. Make sure the implants are the proper base width as that is far more important than 25cc difference.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

400cc or 425cc Breast Implants?

+2

Based on your information, a difference of 25cc is not going to be noticeable (less than the volume in a "shot glass"). So you shouldn't' feel like you will make the "wrong" choice. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

400CC or 425CC?

+2

I doubt you or the surgeon could tell the difference if one of each were inserted! 25 cc is less than a fluid ounce, and is 5 teaspoons. 

As to girls wishing they were larger, it is true for some, but most are still very pleased with their decisions. Women who wind up larger than they want are almost invariably unhappy and want smaller implants right away. 

All the best. 

400 vs 425

+2

You are talking about less than a tablespoon difference.  Based on your photos, either size would look good.  Whatever volume you decide on, a high profile device is my recommendation due to your narrow chest wall. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1
In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD