400 Vs 450 Cc's or Smaller To Go from A to C Cup?

I am 5"3 115 pounds i have an A cup currently. would 450 cc's saline be too big. I'm torn between the size that would look normal on my body type. I dont want to go to big and of course i dont want to go too small. What are your suggestions for my body type. I want to at least be a mid/full C cup. So what is the common size (cc's) for my body type to go from A to mid/full C.

Implant size selection

+3
Implant sizes do not directly correlate to bra sizes. It depends on whose bra you are wearing (I.e. a "D" cup in Victoria Secret may only be a "C" in Playtex), so which one are you. You should not get caught up in cup sizes, but pick implants that make you look the way you want to look. Loose rule of thumb, 200 cc is a cup size in volume, but by no means does this assure you that 200 cc implants will raise you a cup size in bras. The size that is bet for you will depend on your breast and chest dimensions and is best determined in consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

The 400cc C-cup

+2

Depending on your chest size, the skin envelope, and current breast size the 400 cc might be about right. The 'average' implant for augmentation is about 360cc, probably larger on the west coast and south. We suggest the smallest implant with a moderate profile that will please you, and pleasing you is what it is all about. Show your surgeon what you exactly want.

How to pick breast implants.

+2

Hi.  I  hope you find this article useful.  450 cc's sounds too big.

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

A to C cup

+2

A very important discussion I have with patients before surgery is that it is impossible to guarantee cup or bra size after a breast augmentation.  I do want the patient to like the way she looks after surgery. 

Every patient who contemplates this operation needs to realize that there is a specific range of breast implant sizes that are right for each patient.  Those breast implants will produce a certain volume change and finally a certain bra and cup size. It doesn't start with the cup size and work backward to the size implant.  It starts with your body and your breast size and shape before surgery.  You meet with your plastic surgeon and tell him what you would like to achieve with surgery and he will tell you what range of implant sizes will work for you. Any one of those implants will make your breast bigger.  None of them may be able to make you the size you want because that size implant may be too big for your body.

The other issue is that bra manufacturers do not have a standard cup size to which they all adhere. As most women know a bra made by one company may not fit quite the same as a bra made by another company. Also cup sizes can be a bit confusing to all involved: size C, full C or in your case very full C.  Yet there is only one size C bra in any size not several.  This is another area that takes time and perhaps pictures to help explain to your plastic surgeon, what you are trying to accomplish with surgery. You must remember, however, the size implant you need to accomplish your goal may be too big for your body.  You then have a simple decision: have the surgery with the appropriate size implant and "settle" for a somewhat smaller size or do not have the surgery and settle for the size you are without the surgery.  Some may be better than too much.

Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size to Achieve Goals?

+2

There are many variables involved in determining the best breast implant size/profile to achieve a specific patient's goals. Online consultation unfortunately cannot provide you with a precise answer.

I would suggest that you concentrate on achieving a certain “look”, not a specific cup size, with your breast augmentation surgery.

Communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Again, in my opinion, it is best to set your goals and  level of satisfaction with the results of surgery,  on achieving a certain look/proportionality,  not a specific cup size.

Breast implant choices

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to say what size implant would be best for you.  During consultation an exam is critical and then reviewing your concerns wil help choose the right implant.