Will 400 Cc's-425 Cc's Give Me a D Cup? If So, Are They Too Big for my Frame?

Hi! I am a 5'2", 110 lbs and am going to get a breast augmentation in a few weeks. Before my pregnancy, I was wearing a 34C. But during my 13-month span of breast-feeding, I was a 34D. I am now wearing a 34B bra with a full A/small B breast size and wish to return to a size 34D in order to fill out my stretched skin. Are 400 cc's or 425 cc's too big considering I have slightly broad shoulders and a slight protruding rib cage?

Number of cc's of implants and cup size

+2

There are a number of factors that go into choosing the appropriate volume size implants. First of all you need to be examined. A pair of 400-425 cc implants will give different results in different patients. The shape, measurements of your breasts and overall chest size and shape need to be considered. Furthermore your appreciation of  a D cup size  may be different than your surgeon's. It will be helpful to review actual preop and postop photos with you plastic surgeon and to seek his advice and guidance as well. Ultimately the size of the implants will be determined by you and your plastic surgeon. But it is is not helpful to seek advice from surgeons without you being examined.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Hard to answer obviously without pics and a physical exam but usuallty in someone like you 400cc will get you in the D range, GOOD LUCK

Implant Selection Process

+1

I think this range will put you in D cup territory.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Implant sizing with a D cup goal when staring with a B cup

+1

At 5'2," with a history of stretching out to a D cup during pregnancy and a C cup before pregnancy, I don't think a 400-425cc is too big for you.  Every 200cc will increase you size about 1 cup size.  In my practice you would come in for a final visit and you would actually try on a range of sizes from 375-450cc and you would bring in your goal bra with you. 

I encourage as many visits as it takes until you are very sure about your implant choice! 

Best Wishes!!

Breast Implants for 34B to 34D

+1

Firstly - anywhere around 400cc will give you 2 cups size increase.  Important to be aware that cup sizes vary greatly with different bras.  The important considerations in planning your BA are your measurements of your breast and chest together with your desired size and shape.  Your Plastic Surgeon should do a careful assessment and discuss the various options with you.

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

You are wise to pay attention to the rib cages and shoulders as they both are factors in determining the size of an implant.  Do not allow yourself to have size determined solely on cup size.  Bra manufacturers vary greatly in their sizing.  A “B” in brand X is a “C” in brand Y, etc.  The sizing is all over the chart so decide the size on how the fit is relative to your frame.  Your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will be able to help you determine how big you have to go to fill out the loose skin.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

t is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Breast implant size, Large breast implants

+1

Every about 150cc will increase your cup size by one so you can determine how many cup sizes you want to increase by. I also have patients show me pictures of what size they would like to be. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right breast implant

+1

This is one of the most common questions that we see at this forum. The number of CCs is different for every woman. How much each implant fills out the breast depends upon how much existing breast tissue you have, the width of your breasts, elasticity of your skin, and the shape of your chest - just to name just a few. As a result no one can tell you exactly what a 400 or 425 cc implant will look like on your frame. They key to a successful breast augmentation is communication with the surgeon who is performing your surgery. Providing him or her with a complete understanding of what exactly you would like to look like as well as providing photographs of ideal 'outcomes,' you will likely be more successful in achieving your goals.

Vincent Marin M.D.

D cup size breast with Breast Augmentation

+1

In general, it's good to concentrate on what you want, and the science of breast implants behind getting there.  If you want a D cup, then you should be able to use sizers or software pre-surgery to "visualize" a good volume for you. 

As you probably know, breast implants come in different volumes and profiles.  You want the best profile that fits your breast width and rib cage measurements.  Talk to your plastic surgeon, and he/ she should be able to go over your personal measurements to ensure enough volume, projection, width, and overall shape for your body. 

Thanks for the breast question, and have a great day!