Silicone Breast Augmentation. Is 400 Cc Too Big for Me??

I'm 5'3'', weigh 125lbs & currently a 34B. I'm scheduled to have surgery in 3 days and I'm worried. I told my doctor I want my end result to be a nice full set but I don't want to look "top heavy". My measurements are 34-28-36, and he seems to think that 400 cc will be perfect for my frame. After playing with the implants, I can't imagine that 400 cc won't make me look busty. He said he would have everything in the surgery room from 350-425cc and would decide based on my desired description.

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 400 cc implant to make her go from a “B” cup to a “C+” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link:

Best Breast Implants for Me?

You are asking a very commonly asked question to this forum and unfortunately there is no way to provide a precise answer online.
In order to give you accurate advice, much more information is needed.  Most importantly, physical examination will determine your current situation. A full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals will also be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C, small D" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison. 
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

What Cup Size Is Right For Me?

If you go to the kitchen to make a cake, 200 ccs = 1 cup, therefore on a theoretical basis, 400 ccs will be a 2 cup increase.  In answer to your specific question, will 400ccs be too big, that is difficult to answer without an in person physical exam and listening closely to your pre-operative desires.  This also depends on whether you are truly a 34B.  I have read in many women's magazines that most American women wear the wrong bra size, and your 34B cup would be an A cup if you were, in fact, a 36.  Therefore, the whole cup size thing is very confusing. 

In my practice, my patients try on various implant sizes in a bra in a form fitting T-shirt which we provide.  This gives them some idea of what breast implants might provide.  There are various other systems out there.  All are valuable but none perfect.  Your job is to educate your plastic surgeon as to exactly what you are looking for, and then his or her job in surgery is to give you back as much as surgically possible your desired size and shape.  This is a joint venture between you and your surgeon. 

400cc implant size

It may be that a 400cc may give you what you are looking for. Its hard to say without fully examining you but good communication with your surgeon will help>

I use a sizer bra system from Mentor that helps the patient and myself decide on a good size.  Everyone is looking for something different and you dont want to be dissappointed 6 months down the road.