Silicone Breast Augmentation. Is 400 Cc Too Big for Me??

I'm 5'3'', weigh 125lbs & currently a 34B. I'm scheduled to have surgery in 3 days and I'm worried. I told my doctor I want my end result to be a nice full set but I don't want to look "top heavy". My measurements are 34-28-36, and he seems to think that 400 cc will be perfect for my frame. After playing with the implants, I can't imagine that 400 cc won't make me look busty. He said he would have everything in the surgery room from 350-425cc and would decide based on my desired description.

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

You are asking a very commonly asked question to this forum and unfortunately there is no way to provide a precise answer online.
In order to give you accurate advice, much more information is needed.  Most importantly, physical examination will determine your current situation. A full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals will also be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C, small D" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison. 
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

What Cup Size Is Right For Me?

+1

If you go to the kitchen to make a cake, 200 ccs = 1 cup, therefore on a theoretical basis, 400 ccs will be a 2 cup increase.  In answer to your specific question, will 400ccs be too big, that is difficult to answer without an in person physical exam and listening closely to your pre-operative desires.  This also depends on whether you are truly a 34B.  I have read in many women's magazines that most American women wear the wrong bra size, and your 34B cup would be an A cup if you were, in fact, a 36.  Therefore, the whole cup size thing is very confusing. 

In my practice, my patients try on various implant sizes in a bra in a form fitting T-shirt which we provide.  This gives them some idea of what breast implants might provide.  There are various other systems out there.  All are valuable but none perfect.  Your job is to educate your plastic surgeon as to exactly what you are looking for, and then his or her job in surgery is to give you back as much as surgically possible your desired size and shape.  This is a joint venture between you and your surgeon. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

400cc implant size

+1

It may be that a 400cc may give you what you are looking for. Its hard to say without fully examining you but good communication with your surgeon will help>

I use a sizer bra system from Mentor that helps the patient and myself decide on a good size.  Everyone is looking for something different and you dont want to be dissappointed 6 months down the road.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon