Is 400 CC to0 Big on 5ft 2 Frame

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast Augmentation and The Choice of Implants

+1

Hi there-

While I completely respect each patient and surgeon's right to choose how they do this, my personal opinion is that firmly committing to an implant before surgery is a mistake.

The belief that an implant's appearance in a bra or computer simulator is going to be the same after it is placed under your muscle, breast tissue, and skin is (IMHO) what leads to so many women (up to 1 out of every 10) having another operation within the first year because they are unhappy with the size of their implants.

Think about it- are you pursuing breast augmentation because you want to have a certain letter on your bra, or because you want to achieve a certain appearance? If your breasts look exactly like what you wanted them to look like, are you going to be unhappy because the number on the implant is not what you thought it was going to be?

Choosing the implants before surgery may give a patient the sense of control and empowerment and involvement in their care, and it definitely allows the surgeon to absolve himself of responsibility if the patient says they are unhappy after surgery ("you picked them"), but is not the best way to achieve a happy patient.

The fundamental truth is that your skin and breast tissues (to say nothing of your chest muscles) are different that those of any other woman, and that those tissue differences will absolutely and necessarily affect the way that any particular implant looks inside of you. To think that a computer simulator or an implant outside of your body can accurately predict these infinite variations in people's anatomy is wishful thinking at best. 

I'm not saying that these are not useful tools- and may be a good way to "narrow it down" to a range of implant volumes that may make you happy... But the bottom line should ALWAYS be the appearance you want to have when you're done.

Find a skilled and talented surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who you like and feel you can trust and carefully communicate your goals for appearance to them. If they ask you to play with implants in your bra or put you in front of their computer simulator, fine. But make it clear to them that you want them to choose the implant based on your goals for appearance after the effects of your tissues on the implant's appearance are clear during surgery.

Your chances of being happy are much higher.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

The Best Way to Determine the Correct Size

+1

There are many different factors that need to be taken into consideration when deciding the right implant for you. It depends on not only your height and weight but also your chest width and your individual goals. Each patient is unique and will have their own “look” of what they want. This is why an in-person consultation is so critical in making the right decision regarding your surgery. During your consultation, you will be able to be measured, assess the quality of your skin, try on a variety of implant shapes and sizes to help you find the best implant for your taste. 

Hope this helps.

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Is 400cc too larger for 5'2" breast augmentation?

+1

This is a difficult question to answer because it depends on the look you are going for, you weight, the starting size of your own breasts, the base diameter of your chest, structure of your rib cage, whether you are getting moderate or high profile implants, etc.....  As you can see there are many factors.

To see if you are a good candidate for these implants, schedule consultations with two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate for breast augmentation and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Implant size for a small frame

+1
Picking implant size should be based on your personal desires and your surgeon's experience. If the implant is to big or inappropriate for your breast, chest and frame dimensions, hopefully your board certified surgeon will tell you. They should discuss which style or shape of implant would be the best fit for you.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Is 400cc too big?

+1

Maybe yes / mabe no. As everyone has already said, it depends on not only your height, but your weight, chest width, stretchability (elasticity) of your breast and skin, etc., etc., etc. Here's a tip that work's well for me: Go to implantinfo.com and do a photo search. First search for women the same height and weight. Next find someone who has the same breasts as you. Look into the mirror if you're not sure! Then choose results that you like, and even ones you don't like. Print out a half dozen or so and take them with you at your consultation. It will help your surgeon understand your goals and concerns. Try it. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

How to pick breast implants.

+1

Hi.  400 cc's is quite big for you.  I hope you find this article helpful.

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

400 cc implants

+1

400cc implants may look good on you, and then again it may not. Without an exam it is impossible to say.  Go for a consultation.

400cc, too big, too small, or just right

+1

Of course no one can tell, as the implant might be just right for your body, tissue coverage, and most important your goals after augmentation. Show your surgeon what you wish to look like, and stay with your instincts.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

400cc Implants

+1

If you have a plastic surgeon you are currently seeing, as them if they will allow you to try on implants.  All my patients try on implants and can see themselves in the mirror.  Additionally, we offer the Vectra 3D imaging as another sizing too.  The thing about implant size is that it's relative. Each person has their own view on what they want to look like and what they feel is pretty.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD