400/450cc HP Silicone Implants for Broad Chest & Grade 1 Ptosis? (photo)

I am 5'8", 140 - 145 lbs with a broad chest, grade 1 pstosis and 45cc assymmetry. My surgeon recommends 400 & 450cc HP silicone implants, dual plane and an inframammary incision. He aims for natural results and said this should give me a D cup. Does this sound like a reasonable recommendation? I do not want them to appear too large or too far apart for my frame.

It sounds like a reasonable plan

+2

Thank you for your question and great photos.  Everything that you have stated sounds reasonable and will likely result in a good result with a cup size somewhere in the D cup range.  If you have tried on the implants and they provide the result that you desire than you will likely be all set.  Give some consideration to the possibility that the size difference is less than 50ml.  You will want to address the size difference but will not want to overshoot it.

Dr Remus Repta

Choosing the right implant size

+2

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Without examining you in person, I cannot recommend you the exact implant size for you.  However, 400-450 HP seems very reasonable based on your height/weigt/photos.  Please remember that bra cup size differs based on brand name.  You may end up being C cup or D depending on the brand of bra that you purchase.  Good luck to you.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

+2

GREAT posted photos! Yes your information posted seems very reasonable. In fact I recommend exactly what your PS has. Best of luck. 

Implant Sizing

+2

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Would 400-450 cc High Profile implants be too large?

+2

400-450 cc implants are on the larger size, but at 5'8" they are probably not too large for your build.  High profile implants are going to not look as natural as Moderate Plus implants, in my opinion, and I use the high profile implants most commonly where a patient with a narrower chest and narrower breasts are choosing a larger implant, and that volume of implant would be too wide for their breast if we used anything other than a high profile implant.  If you do not have any idea of what 400-450cc implants would look like in you, you should try those sizers on in a stretch bra. Although not a perfect representation, you will get some idea of the resulting volume (not the shape) of your breast with an implant of this size.  If it looks too big to you, you need to downscale the size, and consider a moderate plus implant if you are looking for a very natural contour without a more obvious implanted contour.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Hello

+2

From your pictures and your descriptions it sounds like you’re going with a good size. In our practice we tell our patients that 225cc equal about one cup size. It sounds like you’re going up 2 cups size and with the picture you have showing it should look nice. Make sure you see your surgeon and explain your concerns.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and good quality pictures.

Although I cannot give you specific advice about the breast implant size/profile that would best meet your objectives ( without in person examination and a full communication of your goals),  breast implants in the  375  to  450 mL range do seem “reasonable”. Whether high profile breast implants are the best option will depend on your measurements ( dimensional planning)  and your goals. I would suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon; I find the use of goal pictures very helpful, given that  “natural” or  “D cup"   potentially mean different things  to different people.

You also may have some breast asymmetry with the left breast lower than the right;  you should expect some continued breast asymmetry unless you opt to undergo some breast lifting on the left side.