Im 40 Yrs. Breast 38/160 Ib. I Have Back and Shoulder Pain?

I have surgeon appoint. next month. is ok for diet plan 20Ib lose weight before see the surgeon?

Breast Reduction and Weight Loss?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. It will be in your best interests, for many reasons, to achieve your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding.

Losing Weight Before Breast Reduction

+1

It is a good idea to be close to your ideal weight that you feel you can comfortably maintain, prior to surgery. Losing 20 pounds after surgery can change the results. Also losing the extra weight may help alleviate some of your back pain. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Weight loss and breast reduction

+1

As with nearly all surgery that Plastic Surgeons do, if you know that you are going to lose weight, lose it prior to surgery. If you lose the weight after surgery, it will change you results. This applies to breast reduction, tummy tuck, liposuction, facelifts, etc.

#breastreduction

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and breast reduction

+1

It is ideal prior to surgery to get to a weight you are happy with.  If you were to lose the 20lbs after the breast reduction than you can lose significant breast volume and end up droopier.  

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon