4 Weeks Post TT is my Belly Button Closing? (photo)

My BB was round after surgery; however, in the past few days, it has taken a different shape almost seems as if its closing up. Prior to surgery, my BB looked like a coin slot (ugly) could it be its reverting back to its original shape? I have read that inserting a marble or ear plug may help? I am very swollen, yet my doctor states I'm healing fine. Is swelling a cause of my bb looking like this? I asked if lymph massage would help, but my doc states he doesn't believe in massage.

Belly button after tummy tuck

+1

Occasionally the belly button can take on an elongated shape after a tummy tuck.  This can usually be touched up in the office if need be.  I would recommend patience at this point as it may round out with time.

4 Weeks Post TT is my Belly Button Closing?

+1

As suggested here massage and a marble inserted 24/7 could allocate the scar constriction. Best to AGAIN ask your surgeon. 

Belly Button Closing after Tummy Tuck

+1

Very rarely after tummy tuck / abdominoplasty, the belly button heals in a way that it constricts at the skin opening.  You should point this out to your plastic surgeon.  They may recommend using a marble or other dilator to help keep the skin from tightening or closing.  

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Umbilicus after tt

+1

Your bb is healing, as is your tt.  This is a very dynamic time, so day to day things will vary.

Don't do anything without your doctor's consent or guidance.

A youthful bb is oval or more vertically oriented slot like.  Closing like you note may or may not be permanent, and a spacer like a marble etc,, may help, but you must run that by your ps.

Lymphatic drainage may help, but only with lymphedema.  You appear to have post op (regular edema).

sek

is my Belly Button Closing?

+1

Unfortunately, the photo is a bit out of focus when enlarged to a useful size. Rather than accepting advice from on line consultants, an in person evaluation by your surgeon will give you the best advice. The last marble I have seen in this setting had to be removed with local anesthesia and an incision, so this is not harmless, and not something to be undertaken without your surgeon's knowledge. If indeed the scar is contracting and the navel getting smaller, there are other remedies to consider. 

Thank you for your question, best wishes.   

Closing belly button after tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and photo. What I find that works in my practice, when at rare ocassions this happens, is to use a compressible ear plug placed into the belly button. You might need to wear this for 4-6 weeks before the scar relaxes enough that it will not try to close the opening down. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Stenotic belly button after tummy tuck surgery should be massaged

+1

I would recommend aggressive, daily massage of the scar with a fingertip or marble for the next 6 months. The enemy of a good belly button scar is tension. You appear to have a stenotic belly button that requires massage.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com/PhotoGallery_120.aspx?gid=224311#Content

Tummy Tuck and Belly Button Narrowing

+1

Yes, you are right on track about placing a marble or something of that caliber.  Steroid injections may soften the scar as well.  Some people will form a scar that constricts and narrows the belly button.  The belly button can always be revised later, but you may be able to prevent marked constriction.  Good luck.

Scar tissue

+1

Thank you for the photo and the question.  The change in the belly button shape that you are describing is secondary to scar tissue formation.  A marble or large bead may help stent the belly button as the healing progresses.  Silicone tape and massage may also help.  There is also steroid injections that can help blunt the scar tissue formation if it appears that it is a problem.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm