4 Weeks Post Op Tomorrow. When Am I No Longer at Risk for Hematoma or Seroma? No Capsulectomy.

I have asked my Dr and she said 3 weeks. Then she told me that people can still get them 3-4 weeks post op from vacuming. This is very frustrating because I can never get a straight answer. When I asked if I can excersise she just says, "um sure if you want." I would LOVE to get a real answer on when I am out of the woods for hematoma? I also have a 40lb 4 year old. When can I pick her up without putting myself at any risk? I do not want to begin housework if it will set me back. Thank you!

Concerns after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

The potential for seroma/hematoma 4 weeks out of surgery is very small. Most patients are able to return to strenuous activity 4 to 6 weeks after the type of surgery you have done. Of course, your plastic surgeon remains your best resource.

Post

+1

sounds like a communication issue!! the odds of a problem this far out is very small. I suggest pinning her down to an answer when you are in the office.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Hematoma very rare at this point

+1

Thank you for the question.  Since you have had implant removal no capsulectomy your chance of hematoma even early on was very very low.  I think you should be fine to resume all normal activities at this point.
All the best
Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Risk for Hematoma or Seroma

+1

All someone can say is that it is unlikely. If you think someone can tell you that you are at risk at 27 days, but not at 28 days, you are mistaken. Restrictions on activity are based upon educated guesses. On average, the overwhelming majority of seromas and hematomas occur during the earliest postop period, and they are rather unlikely with passage of time. 

Your idea of exercise may not concur with another's. 

There is a lot of uncertainty, and we all live with reasonable restrictions.The latest development of  a seroma I have seen was two years after surgery. The next longest was about 2 weeks. 

Best wishes for an uneventful return to normal activity.