4 Weeks After Tip Surgery Via Ear Cartilage Transplant. Depressed? (photo)

Hi, it has been exactly 4 weeks since i had my tip refinement via ear cartilage transplant (open rhynoplasty). i am okay with the profile of my nose, as the tip doesn't drop now from the side view. however, in the front view, my nose looks still wide and big, i have tried hard to settle down the swelling but it doesnt work so well there are attached 2 pics of my nose today. can anyone tell me is it swelling that will go down, or there is nothing much to change in the future? thanks for any help

4 Weeks After Tip Surgery Via Ear Cartilage Transplant. Depressed?

+2

ONLY 4 weeks post operative! You need to allow 6 months of healing before you can see the final result. In some cases a full year! 

4 Weeks after Rhinoplasty and Large Tip

+2

4 weeks after tip refinement your tip is swollen, swollen, swollen.  Give it 6 months to a year.  There is nothing you can do to speed this up.  Do not make yourself miserable in the meantime.

Swelling at four weeks after rhinoplasty

+2

Most likely you have significant swelling four weeks after rhinoplasty.  You have to give it time to settle down.

Swelling following tip rhinoplasty.

+2

At 4 weeks following tip rhinoplasty, there will still be substantial swelling to resolve and the aesthetics will evolve considerably over the next 2 months and then more slowly for up to 1 year.  Furthermore, the tip will look disproportionately more swollen relative to the the upper half because no dissection was done over the dorsum.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon