4 Days Post Dermal Filler and Still Distinct Swelling in Smile Lines and Acne Scars- Done by Board Certified Doctor?

I'm only 22 but had developed a fine smile line and some creases when I smiled - I got these filled 4 days ago and I'm absolutely freaking out now. I have distinct 'worm like' thin swollen lines running from my nose to my mouth - I look horrible and cannot go out of the house I just want to cry. Please help me - I'm scared it will stay like this - is this normal and will go away soon? My acne scars are still swollen too but I dont care as much about them just looks like I have acne again lol.

Visible

+1

Hi there- 

I don't think there is any need to worry-yet.  Often times fillers can cause a bit of swelling right after injection (within the first 2 weeks) that will resolve on its own.  Hopefully you were injected with one of the hyaluronic acid fillers- Restylane, Juvederm and Belotero- which can easily be reduced or dissolved if this persists.  Be careful about asking for this too early as it might take away the results that you were looking for.  And lastly please make sure that the practitioner that you go to is very experienced in fillers.  Not all Board Certified doctors have the kind of experience to produce the best results.

Philadelphia Dermatologic Surgeon