3yrs Ago I Had Implants and an Uplift with 260 Cc. Now They're Sagging- Which Technique?

My breasts are sagging and i have been given the option or tightening the skin and moving the nipple or moving my implants infront of the muscle?

Breast sagging needs a lift

+2

Without a photo it is impossible to say entirely but if your breasts are sagging but you like the size the impants gave you, you would do better with a lift.  Going above the muscle will not lift your breasts and will potentially settle into a ball in sock look.

Breast lift

+1

This is hard to tell based on your description alone.  Photographs would help.  Having said this, I tend to err on the side of re- lifting the breast as oppose to only changing the pocket.   This gives you the best chance for longer lasting results.

Dr. Vasisht-South Shore Plastic Surgery 

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

#Breast contouring, #BreastAugmentation, #Breastlift, #mastopexy, #Fatgraft to the breasts

+1

Dear Howard111 in Manchester

Breast Lift techniques vary- they depend on the starting shape of your breast, implant size and quality of your skin. Choosing the right technique depends on your goals and the amount of scarring you will accept. The implant can be placed in either plane (above or below the muscle).  Your recovery should be very fast- 1 to 2 days.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Web reference: http://tmbcosmeticsurgery.com/

Breast Lift or Change Implant Positioning

+1

First, without a photo or photos, it is not possible to give you specific advice.  Still there are some general points that can be discussed.  If your nipples are too low, then moving the implant from in behind the muscle to in front will not help.  The implant mound may be lower and the implant now sitting behind the nipple but the nipple and now the mound will still be too low.  Over time, this positioning may also result in the "rock in a sock" look.  Therefore, if your nipples are too low, then you should consider a mastopexy to lift the nipples back up to their correct height and then position the implant to match.

If the height of your nipples is correct and it is the bottom of the breast that has fallen off of the implant mound, an implant re-position to above the muscle may help.  You may still be able to keep the implant under the muscle with a pocket adjustment alone.  Again, without photos and even better, a personal consultation, it is impossible to tell.

Why do plastic surgeons go under the muscle?  To avoid the implant showing through in many cases.  Some women have too thin of breast tissue to hide the implant when it is just under the breast and so they recruit the pectoralis major muscle for camouflage.  This will hide the upper pole edge of the implant so it won't show through when the upper inside portion of your breast is visible as if often the case in women's clothing and swimwear.  Also, without the muscle, you may be able to feel and see the implant more esp. if you have small to moderate breast volume.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Ask to see not just short term follow up photos using these two options but more importantly, long-term follow up photos (greater than 3 years out from surgery).  Good Luck!

Web reference: http://stlcosmeticsurgery.com/

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Sagging after lift and breast implant under the muscle is common

+1

When i originally did breast lifting and implants I would put the implants under the muscle. It is safer and easier. Unfortunately in time I found that often over the subsequent years the implant under the muscle stayed nicely high on the chest wall and the heavier breast tissue would tend to droop off the implant creating a what I call a reverse double bubble. There is the mound of the implant and the bellow is the mound of the patients native breast. In order to fix this I found that moving the implant from under the muscle to under the breast was the best solution.

Now when ever I do a breast mastopexy (lift) with a breast augmentation, I do the lift and put  a textured gel implant under the breast. This gives the most natural feeling and looking result that I can get. The patients are almost always thrilled. 

Web reference: http://www.drlentz.com

+1

No photo very hard to give any advise that could be helpful. You need to see in person a boarded PS in your area. Regards

Breast lift?

+1

In general, for patients presenting with “sagging” of the breasts, it is best to undergo breast lifting as opposed to exchanging the implant position  to the sub glandular position. There are a lot of downsides to placing implants in the sub glandular position, including potential rippling, palpability,  increased risk of encapsulation, and a generally inferior cosmetic result  for patients with minimal breast tissue coverage.

Make sure you see a few  will experience board-certified plastic surgeons.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastliftaug.htm