Pulling Movement 3 Weeks Post-op

Hi I am 3wks post op after ba and feel a pulling nerve sensation (almost like the implant is moving or rubbing against my breast wall) in my left breast when I move my left arm - it is also more swollen then the right one is this to be expected

Nerves connecting after breast augmentation can cause wierd sensations.

+1

There are studies and special volumetric cameras and imaging devices that have shown that the breasts may remain swollen, approximately 10% larger, for up to 9 months after undergoing breast augmentation surgery.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Pain and pulling of breast

+1

It is very common to feel weird sensations and feel pulling sensations after a breast augmentation and certainly at three weeks.

Movement of implant after breast augmentation

+1

Feeling motion of the implant is not unheard of.  When you move your arm it may be also be moving the pectoralis muscle.  When the pectoralis moves it can push or pull the implant in different directions.

The bigger concern would be swelling.  You should return to your doctor to make sure you are not missing something like a hematoma (late bleeding), seroma (fluid collection) or infection.

Reston Plastic Surgeon

Pain and swelling three weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Three weeks after breast augmentation things should be getting good. The breast envelope should be relaxing and the implants should be well on their way to settling in. Swelling and tenderness on one side is a worry, perhaps bleeding occurred on one side. See your surgeon and have him take a look.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com