3weeks post op tummy tuck and I have been eating bread will this ruin my results?

Did I ruin my chances of optimal results? What should I eat to slim back down since I can't exercise at this time. My upper abdominal area and flanks appear to be puffing up. My legs are getting puffy as well. I did have lipo on my inner outer thighs and inner knees.

Post op swelling

+1

It is normal to have swelling after a tummy tuck and/or lipo. That being said, it is important to eat a balanced diet which may very well include bread.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Best Food After Tummy Tuck

+1

Eating bread is not a bad thing in and of itself. Following a tummy tuck, though, it is best to avoid foods that cause rapid weight gain or make you feel bloated as this will put undue pressure on your rectus muscle repair. Also avoid foods that constipate you and cause you to strain and use pressure at stool. Stool softeners are a must during the first 6 weeks from surgery.

I recommend patients to consume a high protein, low carbohydrate diet to keep the belly to be as decompressed as possible during the first 6 weeks of healing. An abdominal binder also helps with this. Also avoid anything that strains the muscles. Remember, the decision to have surgery is one that requires a partnership between you and your surgeon to obtain your desired results. The surgeon does their part in the operating room, and it really helps if you do your part afterwards, as directed.

Be well and good luck!

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

+1

This specific a question is better addressed to your surgeon who knows what was done and who is following your recovery. I strongly doubt that eating bread will compromise your outcome.