3rd surgical nose revision - any improvement to be expected?

Dear doctors, I have had two rhinoplasties. One botched job in 2008, the other trying to correct the polly beak deformity in early 2013. Now, I am still unhappy with my nose. Another surgeon offered a non-surgical procedure: shaping nose with hyaluronic fillers. However, I am unsurr about whether to go for surgical or non-surgical measures. My current doctor says another revisional rhinoplasty will show little improvement, there is too much scar tissue.

3rd revision rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the bad experiences you have had with rhinoplasty. It is possible to use filler to shape the nose. However, it is important to keep the following things in mind regarding treating the nose with filler

1)There is potential for complications to arise such as necrosis, infection, and asymmetry

2) It is important to choose a surgeon who is comfortable injecting filler in the nose

If your current doctor says another revision will show little improvement, it would not hurt to get another opinion from a revision rhinoplasty specialist. Scar tissue is one of the obstacles we are faced with when performing revisions. Injections of 5-Flourouracil may help reduce the amount of scar tissue present, and I would recommend discussing this with your prospective surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

3rd Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

I would like to see a full set of nasal pictures, review your operative reports and examine you but I do feel that your nose can be improved. Careful use of fillers can be done by an experienced surgeon but this would be my second choice because of potential complications and the need for continuing injections.

+1

You would have to be very specific with the goals you are expecting to achieve.  I would also wait at least 18 months before considering a revision.