Preparing for Tummy Tuck 2nd TT Revision, What Can be Done this Time to Make Waist More Defined? (photo)

Dear Doctors. I had a tummy tuck in June. Well I came out with a mini tummy tuck. Then I had a redo in Sept, and the doctor didn't even know what he was doing. I have a vertical incision from my belly button down. I developed necrosis in the area. Now it's been almost 6 months & definitely know I need a redo as told be another ps since I have a lot of saggy skin. I want to know what can be done to give me a more defined/tiny waist, since genetically I don't have one Can I combine aggressive lipo

Revision TT.

+2

It appears that you were and still are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck that will remove more of the skin and remove the vertical scar. By tightening the underlying muscles your fullness will be reduced and help to define your waistline more. I would do research and find a plastic surgeon in your area that has significant experience in body contouring to seek their opinion. 

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Choose an experienced tummy tuck revision plastic surgeon

+1

It appears that you need a full tummy tuck.  I am not sure what the initial or subsequent diagnosis and plan was but it appears, from the photo at least, that additional skin and soft tissue can and should be removed.  A narrow waistline can be achieved through liposuction and via abdominal wall tightening.  I would recommend liposuction of your waist circumferentially performed separately or at the same time as your revision tummy tuck.  It will be important to chose a plastic surgeon carefully as the above procedure requires some experience.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Improving Waist after Previous Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

In order to achieve a more defined waistline muscle plication ( if not already done),  further skin excision, and/or liposuction surgery may be necessary.  As other respondents have noted,  careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be critical.

Choose your surgeon carefully.

+1

I honestly cannot tell that you have had any prior treatment done based on your photos. I cannot imagine that a board certified plastic surgeon was involved previously  in your care.  Please be careful in your choice of surgeons. Only see doctors that say they are "board certified plastic surgeons".  No other words or phrases can communicate the level of training as those. Nthere re many people who re not plastic surgeons by training that try to practice "cosmetic medicine" including surgery.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Preparing for Tummy Tuck 2nd TT Revision, What Can be Done this Time to Make Waist More Defined?

+1

Thanks for posting photos of your surgical misadventures. Best to obtain many other opinions from ONLY boarded PSS in your area. Best of luck.