3 Months and Still Have Droopy Eyelids Following Injections To Forehead and Crows Feet. What To Do?

Hi , I got botox injected right above the eyebrow, forehead and crows feet im 28 i got 30 units !my dr said it will go away after 1 months, its been 3months and i still have a droopyeyelid I look terrible.how long it will last plz help

Droopy eyebrow eyelid from botox

+2

This can take four months to recover. Without knowing the exact placement of the botox, nor seeing you and doing an examination, one can not comment on whether this is the eyelid ptosis (dropped) from a relaxed levator muscle, or a forehead muscle above the eyebrow that can't hold the eyebrow up well, and as the eyebrow falls down, so does the upper eyelid with it. Sometimes, outer eyebrow botox to relax the depressor muscle of the eyelid area, and focal placement in the depressor muscles of the glabella, if there is still motion seen of contraction here, can help lift the forehead and bring up the eyebrows and eyelid a little. An off-label use of Restylane in the eyebrow may help augment the volume of the infrastructure of the eyebrow and help lift the upper eyelid slightly. Speak to your doctor about the risks of this, or just wait another month and everything should go back to normal because botox is not permanent.

Seek the care of an oculoplastic surgeon.

+2

There is a medication, iopidine, that can help open the eyelid if they are droopy after a botox service.  Sometimes the droopiness is not actually from the upper eyelid but from eyebrow ptosis.  That results from BOTOX freezing the forehead muscle.  Typically these effects begin to wear off at 3 to 4 months. 

Droopy Eyelids after Botox

+1

I agree with Dr. Steinsapir. Sometimes when people describe a droopy eyelid, it's actually eyebrow ptosis. You can try the Rx eyedrops iopidine, but that will only help if it's the eyelid that was overinjected. The eyedrops will not help with eyebrow ptosis. Only time will help with that.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox effects wear off usually in 4 to 6 months.

+1

Just wait a bit longer and the Botox will totally disappear. It is not permanent . Probably had the injection too low in the forehead or too close to the eyebrow. Injections above the eye brow should be about 1 cm (one half inch approx.) above the eyebrow...........any closer increases the risk of droopy eyebrow or upper eyelid.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid droop after Botox

+1

In general, the affects of Botox last 3-6 months. The exact time can depend on a few factors, including how much was used, where it was placed, if you have had treatment before and how your own body breaks it down. An eyelid droop is an uncommon but possible side effect of Botox treatment. This can occur if the injection was placed to low on the eyebrow or forehead, or if the Botox migrates under the skin after it is injected. Most of the time an eyelid droop will resolve in 1-2 months, but occasionally you do have to wait the entire 3-6 months for the Botox to wear off completely. In severe cases, there is an eye drop available to help correct the eyelid droop. Your doctor should be aware of this and can advise you if it is right for you.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Droopy eyelids after Botox

+1

If it has only been 3 months after the Botox injections, you should see a return to near-normal within the next 1-3 months.  The usual culprit is Botox placed too low on the forehead and too close to the eyebrows.  Another explanation is that the Botox could have "drifted" downward with too much strenuous activity shortly after the injections.  That is why I generally counsel my patients to take it easy for a day after Botox injections.  In any case, Botox does not last forever, and while the effect is slightly variable among different individuals.  

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon