Had 3mm Malar Cheek Implants Screwed in a Year Ago. Decided to Have Them Removed,will I Experience Any Degree of Saging?

I am 23 yr old trans woman of mix descent Asian and caucasian. Im concerned on the degree of sagging after the initial implants been removed. What can i expect after removal? Does injecting fat on cheeks during the removal process help with minimizing saginess? Or is ther a possibility my skin will bounce back to normal?

Removal of cheek implants at 23 years old.

+2

Removal of cheek implants at 23 years old will probably not cause sagging or very little. Do not put fat in as it can cause asymmetry etc. 

+1

Not from a 3 mm cheek implant having been in for a year.  When the projection, of the cheek implant is 5, 6 mm's or more and the patient is over 40...this becomes a possibility. 

Low Risk of Sagging with Cheek Implant Removal

+1

It is unlikely that cheek implant removal at your age will result in any noticeable cheek sagging. At 3mm thickness there should not be very much tissue stretch that has occurred.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cheek Implants removed, will sagging occur?

+1

The use of cheek implants is usually to increase prominence of cheek bones and thus create better contouring of the mid-face.  Removal of the implants will not cause sagging of the cheeks just as putting them in doesn't "lift" the face.  Your face and cheeks will just revert to what it looked like before the implants were placed.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon