What Are My Options With Alopecia Universalis To Get Eyebrows and Lashes Back?

I Am a 39yr Old Male and Have Alopecia Universalis. What Treatment Options Do I  Have to  get my eyebrows and eyelashes back? What other successful treatments(medical n cosmetic) cud you suggest. Is it irreversable? Have had it for 8yrs now and hair has returned and fallen again.Thank-u!

Final outcome for hair growth with alopecia universalis.

+1

I wish I had  more experience in seeing this type of alopecia reverse itself permanently, but that has not been my  read on this.  Steroids may be recommended, but please seek the opinion of several Dermatologists in your community to see if some favorable advice can be offered.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Hair Loss From Alopecia Universalis

+1

Unfortunately, there is no permanent cure for alopecia universalis. Due to its cyclical and unpredictable nature, hair transplant would likely prove futile in the long run. Regrowth is always possible, but would occur randomly and in its own timing. There are some treatment options, which will vary in success depending on the severity of your condition. A couple of options include:

• cortisone injections or pills
  • topical immunotherapy (chemically inducing a rash in the affected areas)

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon